ever feel like this towards your 5.0L?

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
I had a white coupe before and I spent more time under the hood than behind the steering wheel... I had so many things to do and I loved working on that car. I would gut the interior on a weekend just to remove the insulation, put the panels back in and a week later, gut it again to dye everything black...

Now with my current Mustang, I don't really feel like working on it, I just want to drive it. Take on the highway and just floor it on the on-ramp. Right now the interior is a mess, I have the parts that I need to complete it but I just don't feel like it. I have yet to properly vacuum the damn thing. :shrug: I spend more time waxing the paint than I ever did in the engine bay. So far the only things I've done was install a Viper5000 alarm (not finished yet), remove the broken panels inside, 3G alternator, proper AC delete, and clean the engine bay. I didn't even change the front rotors (which are needed badly) yet.

I would have thought by now that I would have hidden some wires in the engine bay, change the valve covers, put in a new aluminum rad, change the rotors and pads, finish the interior, etc...

• Sponsors (?)

Im usually excited about the car and go mod crazy then a few month's go by and I sell it, that trend is going to stop though because I lose money out the ass. Plus my current car is getting a mod swap and all the work that is going to be needed and the time it's gonna take, I will never let it go. ever.

I'm probably older then you guys, but I've had my Notch for 3 years and haven't driven it yet. I'm still going over every inch of the thing and doing what I can without much money to clean and replace parts. In the end it will be a great show/weekend driver, but I'm pumped just to have the thing and something to do when I'm bored and or got some free time from the family. Not sure what I'll do when the day comes that I am done with it......oh wait, then it will be time to do one for my son...........yes, he WILL like 5.0's or he'll be driving his mom's KIA.....

Later guys, and keep on wrenchin'

I bought new struts, inner and outer tie rods for my Cobra in April, I still have them sitting in the box, and I just started driving my Cobra last week!!!! I have been to into driving my notch that I built last summer!!!!!! I have put off painting the hood and front bumper on my Cobra too for 3 years now.

Not many people would rather work on their car than drive it....but then i do know a lot of guys who build up cars and once they get to that level where everything has been wrenched on and upgraded, they sell the car and start over. I think those guys just really enjoy the build up more than driving the car.

yeah i was concerned with all that stuff, now my motto is f*** it. i just keep telling myself to drive it. i waxed it today too. pain...

when i get out of school im planning on taking it down, rebuilding most of it, then bringing it back and getting a grey interiored lx to drive and beat on.

In a way i really fear the day that my car might be absolutely flawless and be anywhere near showcar level, because then i'll be afraid to really drive it and enjoy it like i do now. I've got a buddy up the street with a car that really can't get much better...perfect paint, supercharged engine....the works. He never drives it because he's afraid something will get screwed up or his paint will get scratched. I like that my car is basically still a clean canvas to create with.

In a way i really fear the day that my car might be absolutely flawless and be anywhere near showcar level, because then i'll be afraid to really drive it and enjoy it like i do now. I've got a buddy up the street with a car that really can't get much better...perfect paint, supercharged engine....the works. He never drives it because he's afraid something will get screwed up or his paint will get scratched. I like that my car is basically still a clean canvas to create with.

+1...by the way....What is your avatar pic???:D

I can't wait for that day. As it is my car has fresh paint, and new wheels tires, etc... I still drive it. I really only worry when I hear something hit the car. I can't wait until I can actually afford for the car to be prestine!

I can't wait for that day. As it is my car has fresh paint, and new wheels tires, etc... I still drive it. I really only worry when I hear something hit the car. I can't wait until I can actually afford for the car to be prestine!

See i want it, but then again i love having a project car too. I guess it's a little different for me because i live in an apartment so not only do i not have a garage to store my car in but i've also gotta worry about people hitting it, vandalizing it, kids screwing with it...etc. I guess paint doesn't last forever anyways but if i paid the money for a nice paint job like you've got and someone door dinged it, i'd probably end up in jail if i caught them.

Example....i also have a '98 Cherokee. It's my other pride and joy.....some loser hit my driver's side rear door and put a huge dint in it and drove away and i never caught them. That just burns me up so bad. Right now with the coupe, everything is in a progress state and it's like whatever happens i can fix without having to repaint it or whatever, and i feel like if i finally got it to where i want it and someone hurt it, i'd probably wanna give up.

The sad thing is I paid very very little for this paint job. I do worry, and haven't garaged it since it has been home (brothers damn 86 has been in one of the bays and his 06 in the other, go figure that one out, 13 damn cars and he somehow gets both bays in the front of the house, haha) but I am also the person that would rather get a few dings and scratches and then never worry about driving it. I would love when I am older to have a show car that is prestine, but for now good looking and still able to work on and enjoy is what I love.

The way I see it, Foxes are almost infinitely rebuildable and meant to be driven. Show cars? Pshaw! Leave those to the import, lowrider, and yuppie crowds. I'd much sooner be behind the wheel of some dog-arsed ugly, primered, beat-up Fox with a clean and hard-running motor/tranny and tight suspension that can take a bit of abuse without so much as a whimper, as opposed to having some fragile little museum piece that I'll have a cow about if some little kid puts a fingerprint on the paint.

I feel better driving my funky old 270k notch than I did when I had a much nicer 130k notch with a spotless interior and a halfway decent paintjob. It's a comfort thing. Y'know, kind of like the difference between wearing jeans/T-shirt and a three-piece suit - it's nice to dress up once in awhile for special occasions, but to go around like you're all friggin' Mr. GQ all of the time just makes a dude come off seeming narccisistic and vain. As such, I treat my beater like gold, never forgetting that it's a beater but also never disrespecting it for being less than perfect. :nice: