Exhaust clip of my buddy's GT (347, huge cam etc)

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Just a little clip of my buddy's car. It's an '89 GT, 347 (SRP forged flat top pistons about 11:1 compression, Eagle crank/rods), Victor Jr. heads 2.02 intake/1.60 exhaust, Holley Systemax intake, 80mm maf, 42lbs injectors, c&l elbow, 75mm tb, comp cams 1.6 roller rockers, MAC ceramic coated 1 5/8 full lengths, custom X pipe, MAC Flowpath catback, custom cam measures .624 lift/236 duration on the intake and .584 lift/242 duration on the exhaust.

The first part is before the tune, second part is on the dyno but it's got some bugs to be worked out before the final numbers are in.

View attachment 338006

Ryan, this is the car i was talking about when i told you to get a MAC cat-back..

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds great. Boy I think someone else I know kept saying for people to try out mac too! :nice:

Post up the final numbers when you can, I'd deff like to know what it puts down.

Yeah, I think I remember a couple people praising how good mac sounds. Not sure who they were though :rolleyes: Definitely the best sounding muffler for mild setups imo. Sounds like a sick setup! I'd like to know the #s

I ran a whole Mac set up, definately sounded good, although I like my Spintechs better!

Yeah you had me sold on the Spintechs until he finished his engine. It sounded really good before this engine but with a good cam lope, i dunno. I'm probably still getting the Spintechs just because not many people around here have them but for the price it's tough to beat MAC.

I know you said the car still has some bugs to be worked out, but what did it do on the dyno?

Well the alternator wasn`t working when it was on the dyno plus I figured out afterwards that the e brake was sticking so after I get the disk brake converion done I will take it back. Oh and the numbers are not impressive at 315hp and 330 tq. The tuner basically got the A/F set until I get the rest of the problems taken care of. Oh and thanks for all the compliments on the car. :nice:

Just an update on my buddy's car. He found that the e-brake was sticking the first time he got it tuned and that apparently jacked everything up. Yesterday he went back for more tuning and to fix an idle problem and the new numbers are 385hp and 399tq even. Not bad for an all motor budget build.