Exhaust questions.....

SuperchargedB87

Founding Member
Oct 25, 2002
New Jersey
I want to change my whole exhaust to 3", my question is what kind of 3" cat backs are out there. I don't want to start any trouble, but I know Mac makes one, but I want to stay away from Mac. Does Borla make one? Really all I need is the flow tubes and mufflers, because I can just use turn downs after the mufflers. Any input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Does the muffler have to be off set still if you just run turn downs? I always ran tail pipes. As far as horsepower goes that is why I want to change to 3" exhaust and 1 3/4" headers, my new combo makes alot more power and revs alot higher, so I don't think the 2 1/2" exhaust is any good for me anymore. Also I was thinking about the Dynomax bullet mufflers, anyone have any experience with these?

I think the dual 2.5" exhaust is good for upwards of 500 HP. But if you want 3" you get 3". In order for the mufflers to sit where they should (out of the way) I think they still have to be offest but I'm not positive. Depends on how big the mufflers are. Don't know much about the Bullets... race bullets? Loud!

ya they are great have em so i can bolt them right to my long tube headers awesome got 2.5' i cant hear some one yelling at me in the pass side that is how loud they are if you have every been to nascar you know what im talking about. awesome get em!!!!!! they are the best straight thru mufflers in my opion