SOLD Extrude Honed Twisted Wedges, 1.6 Rockers And Head Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Well, the time has come to thin out some of my collection.
I have a bun in the oven and going to sell off some things i'm probably not going to use.
Since I don't have that many mustang friends left locally and my buddy seems to be doing almost all modular at his shop lately, I figured i'd offer them up to you guys .

Early 2000's twisted wedges. Built from the ground up from bare TW's all with TFS parts.
.600 lift track heat springs
They were valve jobbed before I used them.
They never saw daily use, in fact they didn't see much use at all. I tend to finish things, enjoy them for a while then start over.

Extrude honing these heads was $750 alone.
They can be used on a 302 or 347, that's was the point of the EH work, opening the port but maintaining velocity, that's the theory at least.

Located in NJ at zip 08527
Asking $950 but I'm open to offers.
I also have the ford racing 1.6 stud rockers and used head bolts arp 254-3708 ($170 new).
$75 for the bolts and $150 for the rockers. If you buy the heads and make my life easy you i'll give you a deal on the bolts and rockers.
Prices do NOT include shipping.
Would prefer local pick up and cash, but if you are seriously interested I will ship them.

I'd put them up on ebay, but i'm still a little pissed ebay took 10% of my last sale of $200 and then paypal took another $6.

WP_20150210_002.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

They were flowed, the paper work got messed up and the last few numbers were cut off.
I don't have the paper work anymore at all after I moved, but I did make some forums posts with the numbers and I've been looking for it. Got it narrowed down to a few places.
The car mine was based on made 339rwhp on a stock shortblock with an extrude honed cobra intake, I ran them with an edelbrock rpm (not the performer or II). They will also make over 400rwhp hp with a 347. This provided you have the right supporting parts and you know what you are doing.

Was going to put them on my saleen explorer, but when we were dynoing it the power climbed so fast with the ported eaton and 2.2 pulley that I decided to call it quits and not modify it more. For sure was going to break the trans, then the axles, then the transfer case. I need the xp8 more for transportation than I do going fast. That was why I was hoarding these.

Rockers and and bolts are sold and shipped (yeah i'm that fast).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ever had the heads flowed after the extrude hone?
So I looked where I posted the numbers, the site is dead but readable, probable is there is about a 2 year span completely missing from the forum.
Has some of my earlier and later posts, but not where I posted the numbers. They were a pretty significant gain.

Someone make me a fair offer, no real interest in giving ebay $100 to sell these.
You should be able to get 330-350rwhp out of your stock 302 with a custom cam and rpmII.

Are these setup ok to run on completely stock engine? I may need new heads.

Not sure how they would work on a 100% stock engine.
They are capable of moving quite a bit of air.

They are fine for a stock shortblock, but i'm not sure I've ever seen someone put heads this potent on one without a cam, intake, injectors etc.

^What he said^

These would be a great set of heads for someone who is ready to install all of the supporting mods.
They would also be good for someone who is in the process of gathering parts for the rest of the upgrade.

They are NOT good for someone who plans to take the motor apart, replace only the heads then put all the stock fuel and inductions systems back on the car.

As far as heads go, these are some of the best. The extrude hone is a BONUS! That additional feature requires some gasket and port matching in order to maximize the benefit.

In other words: These heads are a piece of an overall plan and not just a bolt-and-go piece.

I'm sure that I've forgotten something.

Thanks noobz,

These head are quite capable.
I'd really like to sell these to someone here, i'm going to be taking a pretty massive loss (i'm in these well over $2000), which is ok, i'd just like them to goto someone that is acquainted with me in some way, as opposed to some random guy on ebay or craigs.

If someone is interested, make me an offer so I don't have to ebay these.

And yes the intake should be port matched.
It's rare you can find a set of heads like this that can be used on a 302 and on a 347 as is. Most are either too big for a 302 or too small for a 347.

If I can bolt these on with stock port matched intake I will make an offer pending my rebuild this weekend. I ported my own heads and intake and didn't do so hot on my heads.

I'm rebuilding stock parts but I'm running a vortech S/C. I plan on upgrades in my 5yr plan and these would be right up my alley. But they need to work alone for a few years first? What do you think?

If I can bolt these on with stock port matched intake I will make an offer pending my rebuild this weekend. I ported my own heads and intake and didn't do so hot on my heads.

I'm rebuilding stock parts but I'm running a vortech S/C. I plan on upgrades in my 5yr plan and these would be right up my alley. But they need to work alone for a few years first? What do you think?
IMO, you're wasting your time with these heads if you're going to just choke them off with a stock intake. Even ported, the stock piece hasn't got a prayer of meeting the airflow demands required of a good set of heads....or your blower for that matter.

I'm not saying don't buy the heads....I'm saying ditch the intake.

I'd probably find an explorer intake at least before running these heads. While I'd find the stocker far from optimal, since you have an SC you are forcing the air through it, it may be ok. But I really don't know.

I think I could help you out a little more.
I have a custom cam that cost me $400, it's a bullet/ultradyne.
It's 100% street friendly for driveability and emissions.
Meant for a supercharged application, but I see no reason something this mild couldn't be used NA.
It is NOT for max power or high rpm, more for power throughout the whole band.
Brand new in box unused.

I'm no cam guru, it was made for the needs I stated above to literally go with these heads.
It's physically still in the box, please review the specs..
Don't beat me up on the heads price (this goes for anyone interested) and i'll make you a deal you can't refuse on the cam.

Attachments

• WP_20150129_006.jpg
    WP_20150129_006.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
You guys got to learn how to price things for the mrs. Everything is $100.
Couple months back, I got a batman pinball machine, guess what? I got it $2400 below market value, $100...
I'm a great bargain shopper.
Doesn't apply to these heads though, I had them before her, but I did get a disassembled 03 cobra engine for $100.

$900 anyone?

You guys got to learn how to price things for the mrs. Everything is $100.
Couple months back, I got a batman pinball machine, guess what? I got it $2400 below market value, $100...
?

OH I do! I'm using that method to launder all the dough being funneled into quads at the moment. lol

It's really my current shenanigans that are the issue. haha (Thank the gods that she can't tell a toy radio from the real thing)

Anyway, WAY off-topic.

The heads are at $900

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.