Electrical Factory Alarm Going Off While Driving

Barragan14

Jun 21, 2017
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and hope to get some advice. I recently came across a problem with my alarm system going off while driving. I drive a 2000 v6 mustang and have never dealt with ford alarms.
The factory key fobs both unlock and lock the car, and I only noticed the issue driving around town today. The alarm will sound off briefly every 30-60 seconds while I drive and after a few minutes the full blown car alarm will sound, which is very disruptive on the road. I've taken out the fuse for now to keep it from sounding off and confusing other drivers.
Im doing my checks first before taking to an alarm place to have a pro check it. (checking battery life, other fuses, changing key fob batteries, resetting battery / alarm system).
Before I do, anyone have any advice/ideas on why it's going off?

• Sponsors (?)

It would help to mention WHICH fuse was removed.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271

Next are you absolutely positive the problem is with the Ford Factory alarm system and not an after market unit?

If looking for an educated guess where to look, check the door ajar switches (both sides). Water gets into them making them send wrong signals. I'm going to assume that you are not getting a "key minder" alarm. So I would start with the passenger's door.