FAQ type question - Fox Body Throttle Body Swap

I read the FAQ doc up top here and noticed that there were directions on how to do a swap to a 87-93 style throttle body...but...I didn't see any reference as to why this swap is beneficial. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Tried the search but did not find anything relevant, and since I am now in the market for a 94/95 I figured I might as well start doing my research. :)

Much love for the SN95 crowd! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I swapped to a Fox set-up..I gained 10 hp on the dyno....better heads could net more??? GTJAKE...got a nice hit from the swap, he also used the Tweecer to dial his in some...
I did mine for the visual aspect and ease of working on the top of the motor..I wante dsomething different and i enjoy trying out different stuff...I myself would rather have the Fox set-up versus the elbow adapter..i just dont like the look...thats part of the reason i swapped from the Explorer to the 93 Cobra...

I think on a stockish setup, you wouldn't see too many gains. Maybe a few HP. On a blown car however, people have had great results. Mostly because the 94/95 discharge tube is pathetic...running the fox TB allows you to run the larger, smoother discharge tube. With H/C/I even a better result.