FAQ's

CochinoFilipino

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2002
CA
Below are frequently asked questions and the likely replies.

Q: What do you think of this rear end set-up?
A: It’s a POS. It will bind. A 3-link with a watts link is the only way to go.

Q: I want to _____________ on a budget. What do you think?
A: If you’re going to do it, do it “right”. Even if you have to sell your house and children.

Tradition with the following FAQ's is to NOT reply with an actual answer but to reply with an opinion of the project. The opinion does not necessarily come from first-hand experience.

Q: Is this a good price for labor?
A: You can do it cheaper yourself.

Q: How do I fit a 4.6 mod motor into my classic mustang?
A: Why? It’s big and heavy.

Q: Will 20’s fit on my classic?
A: They look like crap. We only like 15’s and maybe 17’s if you want to get crazy.

Q: What’s a good Mustang II kit to go with?
A: You can get great performance from the stock style suspension.

Q: How do I _____________?
A: This topic has been discussed a thousand times. Use the Search.

Once in a great while the common knowledge ‘laws’ perpetuated can be suddenly changed if one knowledgeable person takes the time to prove their case against all others. The Below are past wisdoms that have since been disputed.

Q: How do I convert my I6 to V8?
A: It’s better to just buy a V8 car.

Q: How do I do the Shelby drop?
A: You will bind the ball joints.

:D <--- denotes that this is intended to be funny. Please do not get all defensive if the replies above are often posted by yourself. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

That's awesome -- spoken like someone who's been around here for a while. The funny thing is that it's dead-nuts accurate.

This thread should be stickied.

EDIT: However, if it were stickied and adhered to, the board would pretty much die...

Too be fair, many of those FAQs that you note specifically ASK for an opinion!

Also, I personally like folks putting their opinion out if I ask a question.
I may or may not agree, but it gets the gears turning in my head.

Dave

Edit: I also notice that there is actually wisdom in some of the answers you posted!

Too be fair, many of those FAQs that you note specifically ASK for an opinion!

Also, I personally like folks putting their opinion out if I ask a question.
I may or may not agree, but it gets the gears turning in my head.

Dave

Edit: I also notice that there is actually wisdom in some of the answers you posted!

Okay my writing skills suck. It was just my attempt at humor, thus the :D . But I changed the layout for consistency anyway.

I was thinking of adding;
Q: Who sells the best quality Eleanor kit?
A: Eleanor sucks, it's been overdone, and is the sole reason why the hobby is so expensive.

:SNSign:

I disagree with the 6 to 8 part. Alot of people upgrade or replace the suspension, brakes, transmission, engine and rear end anyway. It is not uncommon to find car like mine that have completely replaced the drivetrain even if it came with a V8. It made the most sense for me.

But back in old Stangnet days those last two replies were treated as common knowledge. Today we accept that an I6 car is a great candidate for a V8 conversion. Thus I've stated, "The Below are past wisdoms that have since been disputed."

My FAQ's were basically a sarcastic humour thing.