Progress Thread Father Time: Dyno time soon. I'm nervous!

IMG-20260907-WA0009.webp

Are you missing the forwardmost hood bumpers (on the sides) or do you not need them with your particular hood?

 
Are you missing the forwardmost hood bumpers (on the sides) or do you not need them with your particular hood?

Sharp eye, as usual, Larry. I checked my tub o' junk and didn't find spares... but I have them somewhere. They put the rears in. Maybe they were pushing too much on the hood or it didn't close with them in? I'll get another set and see for myself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 85GTStangGuy
Man it's been years but I want to say I used a bench grinder to quickly remove the material from them and then used wet/dry sandpaper to finish them. I would not say the finish was like rubber pulled from a mold but most folks with the exception of 85GTStangGuy are not looking anyhow. My cars are by no means show cars.
 
Man it's been years but I want to say I used a bench grinder to quickly remove the material from them and then used wet/dry sandpaper to finish them. I would not say the finish was like rubber pulled from a mold but most folks with the exception of 85GTStangGuy are not looking anyhow. My cars are by no means show cars.
If it counts as a show car now, I don't know how long that'll last. Show car was never the goal. I wanna go fast and drive the car.

Edit (15SEP): I installed the hood bumpers, but as expected, this was not an oversight that they had been removed. I took them back out, too. They bow the hood a tad, causing its lines even higher off of the fender. It's a nice hood, but the lines don'tmatch the fenders perfectly. I could shave them down, but I'd really rather not. The hood seems very solid, and I don't think there's any functional benefit.
 
Last edited:
I’m getting Father Time ready for a dyno session sometime 9-12 October. I’m not going to lie, I’m a little nervous, because the goal is 1,100 rwhp and I fully intend to stop there, despite clear potential for more. I’ve already picked up Q16, and I’m going through the car beforehand with fresh plugs, a fresh wideband O2, and the Turbo-Guard MAXX in place of the small air filter.

I’m also bringing in Patrick Barnhill to handle the tuning. I’m tempted to do it myself, but there’s too much time and money tied up in this car to make the dyno the place where I prove a point, and Patrick has a lot more experience at this power level. I’d also very much like the thing to still be in one piece a few weeks later.

That matters a little more now because I can finally share that Kenneth Sean selected Father Time as one of his top/baddest Fox Bodies of 2026 for Foxtoberfest, with the car scheduled to be featured on stage and in an upcoming video. That is incredibly cool, and obviously I’d rather not show up after ventilating the block on the dyno.

At the same time, this car and everything else I’ve built has always been function over form. I didn’t build Father Time to sit around looking impressive for other people, and I’m not going to start treating it like a museum piece now. It’s time to get this done.