Engine Felpro micro sleve?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
I'm off work this week so I figured I'll drop the t5 ,do the clutch p/plate flywheel and rear main seal. It's been about twelve years and 110,000 miles since I did this, and of course it was my first Windsor so I didn't put any thread sealer on The new flywheel bolts.it has leaked about a quart every 4-5 thousand miles( oil change time) so I left it alone.Now this time I'm thinking of not only using thread sealer on those bolts but also installing the felpro micro sleeve as a pre caution. I ordered the sleeve and install tool and would like to know if any of you all had used one? How did it go?do any of you have plans this week that include coming to Vegas to help? I think this is the most I ever typed at one time,maybe I'm just procastinating????

• Sponsors (?)

Sleeve is meant to be used if the old seal has worn a groove in the crank. No groove no need to use the sleeve. Put the sleeve on w a small block of wood and light hammer taps.

Sorry I did not make the multi state road trip to Vegas this weekend. Maybe some advance notice of the invite next time will help. ;-)
Did the crank have a groove that needed the sleeve? If you need a repair, a quick sleeve is a great way to go.

Sorry I did not make the multi state road trip to Vegas this weekend. Maybe some advance notice of the invite next time will help. ;-)
Did the crank have a groove that needed the sleeve? If you need a repair, a quick sleeve is a great way to go.
No grove that I could see/feel. I just figured with another 110,000 miles on it that a micro sleeve would be like a good idea just in case,since the last time I did this was twelve years ago.I'm eating breakfast now then going to start to tear it apart.

I put one on my engine. 100k miles, and had a groove.

I replaced the rear main at 99k miles and it leaked. When I had the motor out I noticed the groove in certain light. I might have a pic

sleeve install was easy. Line up, tap in place with tool, then install the rear main seal.

edit: pic attached. I could not feel it with finger; but in this pic it’s obvious. In fact the pic makes it look huge here. Like I said, you couldn’t feel it.
9722CDCB-CD1B-4A23-A12D-8F36CB8F2D7D.jpeg

I put one on my engine. 100k miles, and had a groove.

I replaced the rear main at 99k miles and it leaked. When I had the motor out I noticed the groove in certain light. I might have a pic

sleeve install was easy. Line up, tap in place with tool, then install the rear main seal.

edit: pic attached. I could not feel it with finger; but in this pic it’s obvious. In fact the pic makes it look huge here. Like I said, you couldn’t feel it.
9722CDCB-CD1B-4A23-A12D-8F36CB8F2D7D.jpeg
thank for the pic.yeah I think it'll be worth it.

Wife's tourass needed alt.and battery yesterday,today I'm back to stang duty.and it's alotta duty.
IMG_20200923_151709.jpg
kyt?

Reactions: 1 user
Cheap slip fit longtubes,over a decade old,leaked almost immediately,welded.Now to remove to get to bellhousing,sawzall .Cut out and ready for trash tomorrow.good news got sleve and tool delived today.

The :poo:show
IMG_20200923_171608.jpg
IMG_20200923_171703.jpg
continues.it's a wonder the clutch lasted 12 years and 110,000 miles with the oil leak as much as car theifs Exxon v.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Clean it up nice.....Going to be good when done. Mine looks really bad with three years of a leaky seal
Closer look at disc and one rivet started to get cut, I didn't put thread sealer on flywheel bolts when I did this last time( in my defense I never did a Windsor flywheel before and didn't know) so I have a new flywheel,clutch,pplate,New arp bolts, rear seal and sleeve.Also gonna put t5 that I rebuilt in, since I trashed the long tubes I'll use the bbk shorties I've had laying around and the mid pipe(that has gutted cats,I have we ones to be welded in).

Getting those headers out Sucked big time! Cleaned up today,compared old Ford vs and new perfection f/w, gotta call ARP for toque on new p.o. Bolts.
IMG_20200924_152611.jpg
IMG_20200924_153937.jpg
IMG_20200924_153944.jpg

FWIW, anytime I do a rear main on a 5.0 that’s got some miles I put a sleeve on. People don’t think about them, then wonder why they end up replacing 3 rear main seals in 10,000 miles lol.

FWIW, anytime I do a rear main on a 5.0 that’s got some miles I put a sleeve on. People don’t think about them, then wonder why they end up replacing 3 rear main seals in 10,000 miles lol.
Yeah, I just installed it and a new seal.Now to put everything back together, I'm waiting to hear about what amount to torque the new fw and pp arp bolts to.you have any idea?

The :poo:show
IMG_20200923_171608.jpg
IMG_20200923_171703.jpg
continues.it's a wonder the clutch lasted 12 years and 110,000 miles with the oil leak as much as car theifs Exxon v.
The after pictures look good, but did you realize you removed the automatic rust prevention feature? There are oil spray on set ups being sold to winterize the underside of cars. Yours was self oiling,, no sprayer tank or a lift needed.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
The after pictures look good, but did you realize you removed the automatic rust prevention feature? There are oil spray on set ups being sold to winterize the underside of cars. Yours was self oiling,, no sprayer tank or a lift needed.
I've seen that :poo:,I can't believe people pay for that?