Fiberglass front fenders?

stang120gt

Jun 28, 2004
Michigan
Whats up i was wondering does anyone make fiberglass fenders for our fox bodys. I seen some fenders that were fglass but they were flared out for bigger tires up front. I want stock ones but in fglass

• Sponsors (?)

People die in vettes.... they like to slide under things. The flat front of the Mustang prevents that... Plus all of the metal and the engine block absorb any impact in a front ender. Impacts from the side....?

How light is this car going to be?

RedFoxGT said:
Arent Corvettes made of all fiberglass ? If that was the case wouldn't the corvette fail safety tests?

There's a difference. The corvette was crash tested using the fiberglass body and therefore engineers could design a structure that would meet impact requirements.

Fox Mustangs were designed with steel fenders, and with their uni-body construction (fender is part of structural integritity), changing to fiberglass could have disasterous effects if ever in a frontal collision.

Ever see a Mustang with a fiberglass (not urethane) front bumper in a collision? It shatters basically to nothing as there is NO play at all.

Mustang5L5 said:
There's a difference. The corvette was crash tested using the fiberglass body and therefore engineers could design a structure that would meet impact requirements.

Fox Mustangs were designed with steel fenders, and with their uni-body construction (fender is part of structural integritity), changing to fiberglass could have disasterous effects if ever in a frontal collision.

Ever see a Mustang with a fiberglass (not urethane) front bumper in a collision? It shatters basically to nothing as there is NO play at all.

Yep... you can bend a stock focks to hell and back I have one in my driveway. The engine won't help much if it's in your lap.

JimBowy said:
ah what the hell, throw a cage in and don't worry about it :nice:

:nice: Good Idea

JimBowy said:
ah what the hell, throw a cage in and don't worry about it :nice:
unless your going to wear a helmet and a harness all the time while driving a cage can cause more harm then not having one seince it elminates the crumple zones during a collision forcing the load onto you instead of the car.

74courier said:
unless your going to wear a helmet and a harness all the time while driving a cage can cause more harm then not having one seince it elminates the crumple zones during a collision forcing the load onto you instead of the car.

Maybe you should just buy stock fenders or fiberglass fenders and drive very very carefully... but if a stick flies up or a rock or something you're gonna be out some money...

"Do it... Do it" :nice: