Finally Done...But problems!!! Experience Needed!

50gt1988

Dec 25, 2004
Spanaway, WA
Alright after the last 6 months a planning and building I finally got the car started. But I ran into some problems. First I started it to get the 20 min break in going and got it timed but it was missing the whole 20 min. Second after I shut it off I waited around for a while then wanted to start it back up to see how it ran and it turned over but never fired, didn't sound like it was sparking. There was nothing at all. What I'm lost on is nothing changed between the first and second start.

Anyone have any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

Did you start it off the solenoid outside or from the switch in the car. MAke sure if it is a five speed that your clutch pedal is contacting the safety switch, along with the nuetral safety switch if it is a auto. I have also seen the module on the distributor do the same thing.

Do you have current going through the solenoid when you turn the switch over?

Just a couple of thoughts!!

I started from the inside switch. Yeah the wires are all right because it ran for the 20 min break in other then the one miss. It cranks just doesnt fire. Oh I forgot also when i tried starting it the second time it backfired then that's when i couldnt get any spark.

Well during the break in I had it timed at 20 when it first started then when it was done i had it down to 14. I don't think the distrubuter is off a tooth, when the motor is at top dead center the 1# spark plug wire points straight at the intake.

No sig and no description of your mods - you could have a chevy motor in the car for all we know. Please post the engine type & it's mods.