Finally got a daily driver!!

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
NJ
I'm sure most of you saw my post about selling the stang for something more reliable and for commuting to work. Well after thinking about it, there is no way I would be happy if I sold the stang. I've put too much money and time into it, its a fun car. Now I will be able to enjoy it a lot more because it will be my project vehicle. :nice:

This is what I picked up... 2001 Ford Taurus SES, 79k, fully loaded, auto, 24v DOHC(200hp). The car is in awesome shape, the leather is perfect! It's got 4 new michelin tires, new brakes, new alt, battery and belts. It also has a remote start which will come in handy out here when it starts getting 110+ lol.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• taurus.jpg
    taurus.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 101
  • taurus1.jpg
    taurus1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

The in-laws have an 04 and my grandma has a 00 or 01 Sable both with the 24v v6 and leather.

Those things get up and go while knocking down mid 20's mpg. My grandma had to get a recall worked last winter? (might have been 2yrs ago) that the coating on those years springs was not right and the springs were rusting and failing so you might want to see if it is or was part of that and get it looked at.

Drove it to the father-in-laws side of the fam. for a reunion...one of her uncles followed us in his manual turbo audi and could not keep up on the hwy with the Taurus.

Yeh I got a 95 yota 4x4..regular cab and bed...only 130k on it..drives like its still new...all stock except 31" tires...but I think the tires kill teh gas mileage and its suuuuuper slow on the freeway in 5th...wants to be in 4th most of the time it seems.

nice ride for a DD definatetly.

but i just gotta say that i was in the cayman islands last week and I rented a moped... drove that thing around for at least 120KM and spent less than 5 US dollars on gas (at like $4.something high per gallon) Translation: that thing got like 80MPG!

and here I am thinking about buying another cobra and modding mine more. I'm an idiot (but a happy one).

Nice car! I have always liked those too. BUT get RID of that steering wheel wrap and you'll be good to go!

haha don't worry that will go when I get the car. Its on an autotransport from NJ to AZ so I won't have it for another 2 weeks or so, which really sucks. I'm excited to not have to commute in the stang.

Plus once it comes in, it'll give me plenty of time to swap my mid pipe for a catted x-pipe and get all the smog stuff back on so I can pass emissions.