Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

Playing bean bag toss in the garage.

46D664A5-315A-46AF-9457-74EF1C2EA17B.jpeg

So I got a early Father’s Day gift this afternoon. I’m sure my car came like like this from the factory. In 88, the GT’s came with turbines and some of the white GT’s had the red stripes in the moldings. Mine still had them, only in the door moldings when I bought it. Should I put the red stripe back on and does anybody have any Turbines for sale? ;) Someone should make turbines in 17inch.

9AC81DF8-3856-49FA-B03B-F59096E124C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I vote for the red stripe, but I'm biased. That's what I had in high school in 1990....an Oxford White 87 with the red stripe and Scarlet Red interior.

I've been thinking about going back to turbines as mine now has the Pony's. Seen quite a few sets on Craigslist for $100.

I need new rear tires. I don’t want to spend a ton of money ($400+) but want some good rear tires. Currently going though my rear suspension and want some good meats. The current size I’m running are 275/40/zr17 and I like the way they look, but I’m curious of the brands you guys have on.

I’ve run BF Goodrich on many of my cars (and trucks) and I’ve always liked them. The gForce Comp 2 is what I plan on going with next, once I get my 5 lug conversion done and need new wheels/tires.
For that size your looking at about $160 each for that BFG.

Reactions: 1 user
It changes all the time. I'm always trying out the Drag Radials that people praise. For summer performance, I like Bridgestone RE11s (replaced by S007A) & Michelin Pilot Super Sport (no longer available in the right sizes, grr...).

The problem is that every time I check, tire sizes have jumped around and I end up researching new brands. I think 245/45/17s are pretty safe, because they came on so many cars, and 275/40/17s probably are, too. But high end performance tires typically cater to what's coming from the factory, which keeps getting bigger, lower profile, etc...

Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires are pretty good. Looks like there's a closeout on them for $121/tire on tirerack. Not a bad bang for the $.

Mickey Thompson Makes a tire I'd like to try or hear about, the "Street Comp." It is made in both sizes. The 275's are $155/tire. Then there's the ET Street S/S, which is THE drag radial to have, IMO -- currently $225. I like the M&H Race master drag radial too. Don't know which is better, but the race master is what fits on my 17x12" wheels. MT doesn't make one for my wheel.

Last edited:
Found these up for sale on Craigslist.
Should I get em? These would probably be under the category of “should I buy stuff I don’t need” stuff.

ECD61642-BF36-4BB6-9474-1C38F78086B6.png

It's really funny how things are considered to look like a red rat's bunion hole at one time and then seem to be attractive at another.

I don't personally car for the turbines at all. Let's say LMR might pull their collective heads out of their butts and come up with a 17" version of the turbines (I mean, REALLY, ten hole repro's :nonono: ), May be interesting.

You have a pretty GT now Blake, whatever you choose will still look good.

Thanks Dave. Yeah I don’t know if I would really ever put them on, buying 15 inch tires isn’t something I need to invest in. Just wondering if they would maybe make me a little coin back in a couple years? :shrug: They look like they are in nice shape.

Buy em, clean em up, get s set of tires and try them out.

Keep your other wheels and swap them out. When you get tired of one look, try another.

That's why I have 4 sets of wheels. Can't ever decide

Reactions: 1 users
Buy em, clean em up, get s set of tires and try them out.

Keep your other wheels and swap them out. When you get tired of one look, try another.

That's why I have 4 sets of wheels. Can't ever decide
I might Mike. If I were to buy tires, I’d get some BFG’s and stick the white letters out like my old GT very I had when I was in my late teens. Crappy pic, sorry.
F664F576-3415-4E4D-BF4F-C6048D02040B.jpeg