Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

It's really funny how things are considered to look like a red rat's bunion hole at one time and then seem to be attractive at another.

I don't personally car for the turbines at all. Let's say LMR might pull their collective heads out of their butts and come up with a 17" version of the turbines (I mean, REALLY, ten hole repro's :nonono: ), May be interesting.

You have a pretty GT now Blake, whatever you choose will still look good.

It's a " Rats Red Bunion Hole"
The rat is still brown, black, white, or grey......it's just the bunion hole that's red.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I’m probably going to spend my money else where. I wouldn’t mind having a set but there are other things I would like to get for my car. It’s still sitting up on jack stands at the moment. If I were to buy the turbines then I might as well just put the red accent stripe back on the car, um no. Just kidding.

That's why I have 4 sets of wheels. Can't ever decide
I have to agree with this statement. I don't currently have 4 sets of wheels, but given my tendency to horde things I can see myself at some point in the future with a half dozen different wheels!

I like the retro look of the turbines, but I don't think I could run a set all the time.

I wouldn’t run them all the time Fet. I do have a nice set of Pony’s that I repaired and repainted when I first got the car and haven’t put them on since I got my ROH’s. The turbines would be a once in a while thing if I were to buy em.

If I was still 4-lug, I would have a set of ponys "on standy" for occasional use. Clean looking simple wheel.

I still like seeing a stock looking clean GT on turbines. Nothing wrong with that look. I just wouldn't want it to be my forever wheel

I don't run the turbines all the time. They are only spares.
Primary wheels are ROH/CSA. Had to strip the clear coat off because it turned greenish.
Now just polished aluminum. Easy to clean
Original long lug nuts are hidden behind the cover plate.

Reactions: 1 user
I do like the look of the 95 cobra’s. I would run those for a while if I had some. I decided I didn’t need to spend the cheese on the Turbines and tires.

Oh well, maybe if I had the money to through around I would.

I threw on some new rear shocks, spring isolators and new quads. Everything was original to the car, trashed. The little black cover under the carpet was still glued down. Made it ride and drive a lot better, obviously. I haven’t driven this car really since I did the body work and had it painted. It was fun.

:nice:

FC02DE4A-7949-4C02-BB0F-D282C3B923BE.jpeg
96E75494-6EB5-4095-98F9-C8561A5F8D48.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
I went to go get breakfast this morning and my daughters little kids cup of apple juice spilled all over my console and went down the side of my passenger seat. Ugh!! I was using the old method of stuffing the cup between e brake and pass seat. Might be time to get one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I ended up getting the cup holder console. Having cup holders wasn’t the only reason I got it. The ebrake seal was trashed and the previous owner had it held together with rivets. So that’ll get take care of along with having somewhere to put my drink. Fitment is pretty good, not 100%. I’m going to take it to work along with my old one and have the painter match and squeeze it in a booth load. I know these are old news.
E1A20D79-9AFA-4B50-BE6C-C2BDEFC269AB.jpeg

9C20F894-BC5C-42A9-9881-4D79D0737697.jpeg
E7099939-075C-4090-B8B0-729A1F2351CB.jpeg
12A0D508-61DC-45DC-AFEF-0FF2F68B3932.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
While I had my console out I thought I’d give my screwed up speedo another go. I have two speedos. One that was in the car when I bought it and another one I picked up used. The one that was originally in the car worked but made a hell of a lot of noise. I picked up the used one a couple years ago and had it rebuilt by a speedo restorer in town. I popped that in with a new cable I bought off LMR, it worked for a couple weeks then stopped. I thought I didnt lube the cable up enough and just let it be. It’s pegged out past 140. I put the old one back in and it works. I need to quiet it down but I know your not supposed to use any lube right? It’s definitely not the cable. I went out for a spin with the different ones snapped in twice. Maybe graphite on the speedo head?

It’s also pretty easy to take apart and match mileages up. Thanks member

C23EE787-4A6C-4EDA-9ACE-4E09D41D30BA.jpeg
EC7D6C45-8BC9-42E4-A61F-3F8370A35907.jpeg

Last edited: