Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it does Fet. Its expensive though. Probably about $500 to do the front of the hood, fender and bumper cover. Installing that on the front cover of these cars would be extremely difficult I think with all the body lines and curves they have. I considered doing that last year when I was done.

So I ordered a Marti report last week and got it yesterday. I know our cars aren't that rare but I wanted to now how many were made just like mine. I've never seen a car like mine that was White with the Sand Beige interior. I was curious.

In 1988 there were:

50282 GT hatches made
8301 GT's in Oxford White
367 in my trim code-White with Sand Beige interior

I was surprised to see only 367 cars were made like mine with the interior it came with. The car was built on 11/17/87 and was sold in Houston on 1/5/88. Pretty cool.

68E90E1B-D273-49B4-AFC9-4398C7EECE7E.png
85514F7B-E242-451B-8792-8A554C517319.png
321E7008-AD9A-419D-AA06-03F78D7E200F.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
My drivers window motor has been making some louder than usual noises lately. I fired up the Stang this morning to drive it to work today. Let it warm up for a few minutes and pulled it out of the garage. Went to roll down the window and got nothing, just the clicks from the switch. I'm thinking the window motor gave up the ghost. I haven't pulled the trim to diag it yet, Ill do that tomorrow. I did a quick search on ebay and all I really see are Dorman and Cardone motors available. Do you guys know if there are any NOS window motors still available anywhere? Have you guys tried the motors LMR or similar companies sell?

Last edited:
I just had to replace the gears in my drivers side door. When I pulled the motor I found that it is a NAPA unit. It's at least 7 years old. Thats how long the car sat before I got it. It could be 10 plus years old. A lot could have changed in the years since that motor was purchased from NAPA, but its an option. Good luck getting your window working again.

I just had to replace the gears in my drivers side door. When I pulled the motor I found that it is a NAPA unit. It's at least 7 years old. Thats how long the car sat before I got it. It could be 10 plus years old. A lot could have changed in the years since that motor was purchased from NAPA, but its an option. Good luck getting your window working again.

So the gears were just stripped @Olivethefet?

Yeah. The metal gear had split. Plastic stuff was fine. There are pics of it over on my progress thread. It's either on the last on next to last page. My motor was working though. It wouldn't roll the window up or down. You could grab the window and pull it up or push it down.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. The metal gear had split. Plastic stuff was fine. There are pics of it over on my progress thread. It's either on the last on next to last page. My motor was working though. It wouldn't roll the window up or down. You could grab the window and pull it up or push it down.

Gotcha. Ill take a look at that, the but I'm thinking the motor failed on mine, cant hear anything. It seems all the parts on my car I have replaced since I've had it have been the original. I'm guessing this window motor is.

I threw the new Chinese window motor:fuss:in my drivers door today and it works great. Good speed, ya know. Also threw in some new switches for the operation of my passenger side window from the drivers side. Got all the windows working, but I think the drivers side door lock actuator is toast. Doesn’t work. It looks original. I removed the isolators from the rear and I think I might be able to live with the ride height. What do you guys think?

View attachment 650657
54D1F655-AFC3-4158-A7ED-89C5A5DA6A00.jpeg
8CB44B88-57EA-4293-A9CB-D4448412D3A3.png

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users
The motors almost never go bad. The gears are usually fine. It's probably the torque pins in the gear box.
I think all the auto parts stores carry them now. I think less than $5 per window.

Well, I already installed the motor. I kept the old one. It was a older reman Ford motor. Maybe I’ll refurbish it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I ordered a rear strut tower brace a month or so ago and got around to installing it today. The only reason I put it in was to mount my daughters car seat in it. I don’t think this thing is really going to do any thing for the car handling wise and I didn’t feel a difference today when I drove it. @Mustang5L5 gave me a tip on using a tow hook to use for the top strap on the car seat. Had to pull the seats and quarter trims. That was fun.

My daughters 5th birthday is next week and this is the first time she rode in the car. She loved it. Took it out for a 20-30 mile drive today, good times. Got a couple smacks from the wife for ripping it a little bit. I took a few pics.

EF183AF8-8EBC-47BE-8CAB-FAAF15905618.jpeg
8B3E8B8E-13BA-4861-8609-259A53870581.jpeg
493AA456-DD9B-4A84-8CD9-F64D8BCD630B.jpeg

• Surprised
Reactions: 6 users