Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

That what I did. Found some spares, trimmed, then dyed to match.

then LMR started making them

Oh, cool. I didn’t know Lmr was selling those. I thought used was going to be my only option. I’ll get those and trim em up to fit.

D81F845D-247A-4A38-8151-B6169ED26F64.png
777E9D8D-E17B-4F59-A6F1-9D6AAA0A0FF5.png
2D5AEE18-25A8-48EC-BC8C-9200C7DD7702.jpeg
2D2E332E-B6DA-45A9-9074-8C8874F9EA95.png
78E975C1-3FFE-4EB5-B328-32D48866F766.jpeg

From the cruise to our municipal airport out on the westside outskirts of Albuquerque.

I could go back and read through old pages, but I figured I’d just ask.... is that the Eibach pro kit your riding on in those pics?

Reactions: 1 user
Stock springs. The front struts are a few years old and I replaced the rear shocks a maybe 6 months ago. Not lowered.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks @Rdub6 , I thought about lowering it but I like that way it sits too. Also, I dont want the feeling of a lowered car. I’m running it the way it is. Although, I wouldn’t mind the front being a inch lower.

Thanks @Rdub6 , I thought about lowering it but I like that way it sits too. Also, I dont want the feeling of a lowered car. I’m running it the way it is. Although, I wouldn’t mind the front being a inch lower.
If I was sure it would sit like that with just shocks and struts, I wouldn’t even think about springs!

Well I did pick this up. 1 owner. I have all the service records since it was new. This guy came in to the shop for an estimate Friday for some minor damage to to liftgate. We talked a little bit, and he told me he was going to sell it. Bought it Saturday. I’m going to build this up a little.
5A5637B2-FDA5-48B8-AA4B-61CCC8F6FEF6.png

D4F0FEC0-B2FF-44E1-AF6E-BFB6981AB3CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve driven my friends 1st gen Tacoma with one of those a couple times years back and wasn’t impressed. Maybe something wasnt right with it? Didn’t feel much different than my 2000 Tacoma I’ve had since 03. Both trucks are 3.4L, auto, V6’s. Same with the new to me 4Runner.

I’ve driven my friends 1st gen Tacoma with one of those a couple times years back and wasn’t impressed. Maybe something wasnt right with it? Didn’t feel much different than my 2000 Tacoma I’ve had since 03. Both trucks are 3.4L, auto, V6’s. Same with the new to me 4Runner.

Something.... I cannot see how installing a roots style blower would not make it mind-numbingly clear that it was there. LoL

[Even] if (and this wouldn't be possible) the peak HP numbers ended up the same!

Without = gently sloping torque curve (dropping the children off at soccer practice before delivering the Jello to grandma)
With = Vertical brick wall (shanking two dickheads in a Subaru trying to cut you off in the merge lane while they try and figure out what just happened)

@Noobz347, it was quite a few years ago when I drive that Tacoma with one of those. I could tell it was there, but it wasn't mind-numbing. Maybe I need to try find one. Still trying to decide if im going to keep it or make a quick buck on it.

Hey guys. I've come to the point with the car where I really cant go any farther without spending some big money on it. Spending money on a HCI and 5 lug brakes really isn't in the cards for me right now, or in the near future, and I feel that those are the items that are next up. I've done about everything I could do since I've had it to make it reliable and fun to drive. This car was all original when I bought it almost four years ago. Since I've had it, I've replaced all the worn out or old parts on it. Its got a 5 year old Ford Racing "Z" trans with about 3k on it, new clutch, all new gaskets, sensors, subframe connectors, 3.73's, new oem style suspension, new lights all around, and the body and paint work done was in 2019. I don't drive it much, maybe a couple times a month. I don't drive it to work because I work about 25 miles away from the house and its all freeway and that's sketchy. I could go through the city but that's a pain in the ass and adds 20-30+ minutes to my commute. Rush hour where I live kinda sucks. The rush hour traffic isn't as bad as major cities but makes me nervous about driving the car. I pass wrecks on the side of the freeway a couple times a week and I don't want some idiot to sideswipe me or get rear ended for some dumb reason. I mainly drive it to get breakfast on Sunday's, or a afternoon drive with the family every once in a while. I've thought about selling it. Its the cleanest Fox I've owned, and I've had 4 or 5 now, and this car has about 111k on the odo, which is legit. Its rust free and I know I wont find a cleaner one. I could get decent money for it. I feel I'm getting to a cross roads with the car and maybe I just need some ideas or just some motivation.
IMG_1998.PNG

Last edited:
You're in a sweet spot you whiner! :p

It's perfectly driveable the way it is [and] you can take your sweet ass time collecting parts for your 5-lug upgrade. Once you have all the parts on-hand, you can take your sweet ass time pulling the trigger on the swap.

Horrible... horrible problems. :nonono:

:O_o:

• Agree
Just enjoy it and work on building up a parts stash for the next project you want to do with it. If you sell it now I think you'd be kicking yourself in a month or two for doing it. If you feel the same way in a year from now then maybe sell it.

Now if someone came a long offering to throw gobs of cash at you for it that might change things!