Finally got pics of Stang

Finally got the new motor in the mustang a month ago. Only just worked out these photos to!!

289W - blueprinted and balanced
Solid camshaft
Harland Sharp roller rockers
Chrome moly pushrods
Twisted Wedge alloy heads
rebuilt 600 Holley

9" diff, C4 auto, stall converter, B & M shifter

Leather interior & CD player

15 x 7 Weld Drag Lites with 225 tyres

Colour - Lamborghini Diablo Yellow (Super fly yellow)

Mustang-Front.jpg

Mustang-Driversside.jpg

MustangEnginebay.jpg

Mustang-Interior.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang-Front.jpg
    Mustang-Front.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Mustang-Driversside.jpg
    Mustang-Driversside.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 60
  • MustangEnginebay.jpg
    MustangEnginebay.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Mustang-Interior.jpg
    Mustang-Interior.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The car is a RHD and was converted sometime before i bought it 7 years ago. New legislation has been passed in Australia which means now you do not have to convert the older mustangs and can fully register them LHD. At least this will save people about $5000 (US$3750) on a conversion!!!

billbanshee - will fit 235 tyres on when these are worn out but would have to make mods to fit anything wider on.

68converted - It's a B & M quicksilver shifter

ZO6killinSBF - definitely no photoshoot

cheers

Yellow66 said:
Thanks for the kind words guys.

The car is a RHD and was converted sometime before i bought it 7 years ago. New legislation has been passed in Australia which means now you do not have to convert the older mustangs and can fully register them LHD. At least this will save people about $5000 (US$3750) on a conversion!!!

billbanshee - will fit 235 tyres on when these are worn out but would have to make mods to fit anything wider on.

68converted - It's a B & M quicksilver shifter

ZO6killinSBF - definitely no photoshoot

cheers

Beautiful car! I hope to have one as beautiful one day. I'll leave mine LHD though, even though it is a little awkward, as it will be more original and won't have to go through major surgery.

I would like to see a head to head comparison of 10 Aussies (or Brits as well) and 10 people from the states, driving both left and right hand cars, just on a track, just to get a feel for it. The biggest problem I see with LHD (which I've heard complains of) is needing to stretch to changes gears. You're pushing down with the left foot and trying to change to the right as you change up with the gearstick in your right hand. It seems more natural to push clutch down with left foot and bring the gears closer to you with the same side hand as you go up. Perhaps that's just because I learnt that way though.

I will admit though, that having the accelerator closer to the engine and the clutch MC closer to the corner of the engine bay (stronger mount) is more sensible.