FINALLY got the new wheels on. Lots of pics!

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
East Moline, IL
Love 'em. Only problem was the center caps don't fit. I bought the standard large size, and these are odd. They're about the same diameter, but about half as deep. I think I've got something in mind, but for now I just put the ones they came with on. They're all 3 exposure HDR. Some have more filtering than others. Without further adieu, enjoy. :D

Front: 18x9 255/45/18
Rear: 18x10 295/45/18

2327213965_836ee426b8_b.jpg

2327215933_0a620c0561_b.jpg

2328033580_259ca5ab0d_b.jpg

2327217701_374d8ce208_b.jpg

2328035572_41726e51bf_b.jpg

2328036870_46b5732e07_b.jpg

2327219405_b119e386e5_b.jpg

2327220765_f92c010914_b.jpg

2328031930_151353c9a3_b.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks killer. Ties the whole theme of the car together. As a whole, makes the car look much more finished. Mods too often do not complement each other as yours do, wheels seem to be the final touch. Overall very tastefully done.

Looks killer. Ties the whole theme of the car together. As a whole, makes the car look much more finished. Mods too often do not complement each other as yours do, wheels seem to be the final touch. Overall very tastefully done.

Thank you. I've spent countless hours contemplating mods and how they'll go together. I've got several more things on the way, and a few more in my head that are going to have to wait. I definitely don't want a JC Whitney Catalog car, if you know what I mean.

Absolutely stunning Dark :drool: :drool: The black wheels are a great contrast with the red! This fall, all we have to do is meet up with a similarly modded white Stang and take A LOT of patriotic pictures:flag: I feel a photoshoot is definintely in order for our cars anyhow:nice:

nice camera work dark, the first one with the vingetting is sweet. Did you post process it on or position yourself for barrel shade when taking the photograph?

My eye tells me post processed, but I have been deceived before..

Absolutely stunning Dark :drool: :drool: The black wheels are a great contrast with the red! This fall, all we have to do is meet up with a similarly modded white Stang and take A LOT of patriotic pictures:flag: I feel a photoshoot is definintely in order for our cars anyhow:nice:

Oh yeah, Definitely. Towelly has a black S197. We'll have to find someone with a white S197. I'm sure there will be several at the meet.

nice camera work dark, the first one with the vingetting is sweet. Did you post process it on or position yourself for barrel shade when taking the photograph?

My eye tells me post processed, but I have been deceived before..
Yeah, that was done in post processing. Honestly, I threw these together real fast. I spent about an hour putting all 9 pictures together, which includes converting the HDR's and filtering/cleanup. I plan on making a lot more refinements to them. The vignetting is a bit much on the first one, which is why I didn't carry it over. I wanted to go back and fix it, but was too excited and wanted to get the pictures up.

For the vignetting, sometimes I use the vignette built into Nik Color Efex. It works well. But lately, I've been using the rectangle selection tool. I set the feather to 250px, and select the entire picture. Then inverse the selection. Make a new layer, and fill with black. Only the corners and a bit of the sides will be filled. Change the layer to overlay. Copy layer and change to soft light. Depending on the photo, I'll sometimes put the overlay on top, and mess with the opacity as well. Sometimes I only need one layer. It just depends on the photo.

This has been Steve's post-processing photography tip of the day. :D

my software enhancements have been severly upgraded since January, I now have Photoshop CS3 with all of the build outs and to accompany it for fast development I also have Lightroom.

If anyone is questioning the expense of lightroom, don't it does some amazing things in record time and it's super user friendly. Because your working in raw even the most uneducated photographer can play and not completely destroy an image. I'm waiting for the weather to break to bring forth some quality photos both out of the camera direct and the digital dark room.

Dark, Kool, I should have in my posession today a new lens as well. Pulled the trigger on a canon 24-70 2.8L the deciding factor on this lens came from a rental I did over the holidays. I'll have a few walk around shots of dumb stuff up today hopefully as it shows a delivery attempt but I was not hope to sign, must head to the fed ex hub and pick up..

Looking forward to the pictures! I'm wanting to get a new lens this year. You can never have enough.

I tried Lightroom, but it really didn't do much for me. I like the freedom that comes with photoshop. Since I shoot in HDR mostly, if I ruin anything, it's only the HDR. I still have the original exposures as back-ups, to remake the HDR. Also, I don't shoot in raw because with HDR, raw becomes pretty useless. I know there's a lot you can do with Lightroom and raw, but at this point, they don't really suit my needs.