finally got to the track

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
decided to take a night off work yesterday and get the stang down to gateway, and the last test and tune of the season. was able to get in 4 passes (though my last two sucked, 3rd the guy before left some water on the line that i didnt see, and fourth one i just totally botched the launch and we wont talk about that.....).

best run was actually my first, a 14.977 at 93.05mph and a 2.294 60'. about what i expected (though i was hoping for closer to a 14.5). second run was a 15.045 at 91.27mph, i had tried launching with some revs on that one a got a bit of tire slippage. i think i need a set of dr's in the spring.

i wish i had taken my camera with me, the first car i ran against was a beautiful white 65 coupe that ran a 13.7, and there some other nice cars there, lots of mustangs for some reason, probably half the street tire cars were mustangs of some sort, a few f-bodies, a couple srt-4's (blah), but over on the slick side was an svo that i think ran 9's, as well as a supercoupe. all in all not a bad night, a good way to spend a well-deserved night off.

• Sponsors (?)

slow95gt said:
was the svo red? or yellow?

black actually. i never got to actually see it run as everytime it did i was back in staging, but my bud who was with me said that it did some pretty wicked wheelies. i really should have taken my camera, but i didnt really think it would be that intresting on such a cold night (it started off in the low 50's iirc and felt like it dropped to the low 40's/high 30's).