Finally joined the 400 club

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
I just had a pulley swap to a 3.25 pulley and re tuned. Finally cracked 400rwhp. With the old 3.33 pulley i was just shy of 400. I also got a lot smaller belt put on which got rid of the belt slip issues. Man, i dont know if its because of the smaller pulley or smaller belt, but the boost comes on WAY earlier than it used to. I was hoping for more power, but it was 85degrees and 100% humidity yesterday so it didnt increase much power over the original setup which was done in December on a 50 degree no humidity day. Now to hit the track with the new Nitto 305/35/18 DR's. Here is the dyno with the old numbers from December with 3.33 pulley on the same graph as todays #'s with the 3.25 pulley:

View attachment 393099

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats! You're making lots of power throughout the curve, looks great man. Belt slip is a killer and likely your problem before. I found the perfect belt for my setup at NAPA...though now I forget the size...anyway the tensioner had to be pushed in 100% just to get it on, but with it on and ran for a few miles its half way to two thirds while idling, just perfect.

So non-intercooled?

Do you think the earlier boost is due to the belt or the new pulley?

So non-intercooled?

I actually have a Paxton Intercooler on it. And i'm not sure why it makes boost a lot earlier now than it used to, I'm sure it probably has part to do with the smaller belt since it isnt slipping anymore and just going right into boost.