finally ordering new intake today

U2SLO450

May 27, 2006
well i finally get to order my new intake today (cobra upper/lower). I've already redone the cylinders, i have new heads, e-cam, and some longtubes and other stuff. Should i change the throttle body when i do the intake or not, what exactly is the size of the factory tb, 60mm? what size is the cobra intake opening? i can't seem to get a solid answer so any help is appreciated. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Just a heads up.

That new Cobra intake is the made in China version and Ford Racing has a new oil baffle design to address problems with too much oil being sucked up the PCV.

I would get and install the new redesigned baffle to replace the puny baffle on the new Cobra intakes.

A 65 should be perfect, some say a 70mm is also fine because the cobra is really a 67mm opening, thats just what I read, a 65 is ALL you need.

8950HO said:
Just a heads up.

That new Cobra intake is the made in China version and Ford Racing has a new oil baffle design to address problems with too much oil being sucked up the PCV.

I would get and install the new redesigned baffle to replace the puny baffle on the new Cobra intakes.

i got a question about this, i just got a ford racing cobra r upper and lower will i need to also buy this oil baffle and if so how much is it? is it hard to install?