Finally Some Good Track Times!!!

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
Well, let's start from the beginning. Back in June, I had a problem with some really bad track times, REALLY bad. Some people said tune, some said weather, some said exhaust. Well, I decided it was all three and to fix all three of em. So I got a custom tune on a SCT X3. And just yesterday, I put on an offroad Pro-Chamber (I'm LOVING it!!!). And the weather tonight was pretty good.

Back in June, I went 9.8x at 72.3ish. Tonight, (3 hours and 19 runs later...) I went 8.98 at 79.3. .8 seconds and 7 mph from a tune, midpipe, and good weather. Not too bad for a NPI headed, stock geared, street tire, auto GT. This is the happiest I've been since I bought the car. I had a goal to get it into the 8's, and 3 and a half years later, I met that goal.

Full information:

Car Info:
4r70w
Sub box, spare tire, and jack removed
3.27 Rear Gears
Leaving at 1750 rpm (could have been better, but 40 degrees is a little chilly)
Shifting at 5800

Mods:
Drop-in K&N/Air silencer removed
Steeda UDPs
Mac Prochamber
Flowmaster Catback
PI Intake
PI Cams
Custom Tune on SCT X3
255/40-17 Nitto 555s (49 psi front, 34 psi rear)

Track Info:
10 ft elevation
40 degrees
87% humidity
-1600 Density Altitude

Best Run:
2.06 60'
8.98 1/8 ET
79.28 1/8 mph

As I've already overstated, I'm VERY pleased with my car. Hoping I can get a 13 out of it in the 1/4.

-Will

p.s. I need to thank Winters98GT and d98gt for their help. They know alot about these cars and certainly helped me get my car to where it sits now.

Heck yeah! Congrats Man, and thanks for the props! Maddox is the guy for the auto's. I call him the "10 and 2, press the gas" and go guy.

With that MPH, you still have some ET left in her. Keep at it

Mark

Yeah, saw that negative DA I'm surprised you hooked that well with the street tires. Nice job!

BTW, that midpipe is going to get you another .1-.2 in the 1/8, and a solid 1mph. Bumping the timing with either a tune or a timing adjuster will get you another .1-.2 in the 1/8 if you have not already done so.

Keep us updated!