Finally Some Good Track Times!!!

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
Well, let's start from the beginning. Back in June, I had a problem with some really bad track times, REALLY bad. Some people said tune, some said weather, some said exhaust. Well, I decided it was all three and to fix all three of em. :) So I got a custom tune on a SCT X3. And just yesterday, I put on an offroad Pro-Chamber (I'm LOVING it!!!). And the weather tonight was pretty good.

Back in June, I went 9.8x at 72.3ish. Tonight, (3 hours and 19 runs later...) I went 8.98 at 79.3. :banana: .8 seconds and 7 mph from a tune, midpipe, and good weather. :eek: Not too bad for a NPI headed, stock geared, street tire, auto GT. This is the happiest I've been since I bought the car. I had a goal to get it into the 8's, and 3 and a half years later, I met that goal.

Full information:

Car Info:
4r70w
Sub box, spare tire, and jack removed
3.27 Rear Gears
Leaving at 1750 rpm (could have been better, but 40 degrees is a little chilly)
Shifting at 5800

Mods:
Drop-in K&N/Air silencer removed
Steeda UDPs
Mac Prochamber
Flowmaster Catback
PI Intake
PI Cams
Custom Tune on SCT X3
255/40-17 Nitto 555s (49 psi front, 34 psi rear)

Track Info:
10 ft elevation
40 degrees
87% humidity
-1600 Density Altitude

Best Run:
2.06 60'
8.98 1/8 ET
79.28 1/8 mph

As I've already overstated, I'm VERY pleased with my car. Hoping I can get a 13 out of it in the 1/4. :nice:

-Will

p.s. I need to thank Winters98GT and d98gt for their help. They know alot about these cars and certainly helped me get my car to where it sits now. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, let's start from the beginning. Back in June, I had a problem with some really bad track times, REALLY bad. Some people said tune, some said weather, some said exhaust. Well, I decided it was all three and to fix all three of em. :) So I got a custom tune on a SCT X3. And just yesterday, I put on an offroad Pro-Chamber (I'm LOVING it!!!). And the weather tonight was pretty good.

Back in June, I went 9.8x at 72.3ish. Tonight, (3 hours and 19 runs later...) I went 8.98 at 79.3. :banana: .8 seconds and 7 mph from a tune, midpipe, and good weather. :eek: Not too bad for a NPI headed, stock geared, street tire, auto GT. This is the happiest I've been since I bought the car. I had a goal to get it into the 8's, and 3 and a half years later, I met that goal.

Full information:

Car Info:
4r70w
Sub box, spare tire, and jack removed
3.27 Rear Gears
Leaving at 1750 rpm (could have been better, but 40 degrees is a little chilly)
Shifting at 5800

Mods:
Drop-in K&N/Air silencer removed
Steeda UDPs
Mac Prochamber
Flowmaster Catback
PI Intake
PI Cams
Custom Tune on SCT X3
255/40-17 Nitto 555s (49 psi front, 34 psi rear)

Track Info:
10 ft elevation
40 degrees
87% humidity
-1600 Density Altitude

Best Run:
2.06 60'
8.98 1/8 ET
79.28 1/8 mph

As I've already overstated, I'm VERY pleased with my car. Hoping I can get a 13 out of it in the 1/4. :nice:

-Will

p.s. I need to thank Winters98GT and d98gt for their help. They know alot about these cars and certainly helped me get my car to where it sits now. :nice:

Heck yeah! Congrats Man, and thanks for the props! Maddox is the guy for the auto's. I call him the "10 and 2, press the gas" and go guy.

With that MPH, you still have some ET left in her. Keep at it:flag:

Mark

Thanks guys!

Yea, no doubt I could get another .1 or so out of it. I couldn't launch it as hard as I would like to. In warmer weather, I could launch it at a little over 2000; tonight, 1750 was all I could make stick. About 15 degrees warmer would have been perfect.

-Will

Yeah, saw that negative DA:eek: I'm surprised you hooked that well with the street tires. Nice job!

BTW, that midpipe is going to get you another .1-.2 in the 1/8, and a solid 1mph. Bumping the timing with either a tune or a timing adjuster will get you another .1-.2 in the 1/8 if you have not already done so.

Keep us updated!