Finally Some Progress On Project Smoke Grey Int.

MrFoxNutCase

Formerly: redcandy2011gt
Sep 24, 2009
Long story short... my coupe had a crappy smoke grey interior, it was used as storage while the car was in a shop for 10+ years.

I restored it but also converted to black, it was nice but had some minor things that needed tweaking.

So I gutted it again, and now putting in a stock smoke grey interior minus the sport seats. I gutted a junked coupe and brought home a pretty clean interior. Bought a ton of stuff from LMR, carpet, window tray, scuff plates, etc... etc... I also restored some parts like the dash with some SEM paint.

Finally some progress:
dash-restored-fox-mustang-restoration-1024x576.jpg

The entire annoying story is on my car's blog: http://stevesnotch.gspotmotorsports.com/2016/08/20/stock-grey-interior-part-1/

I'm becoming an expert at gutting and putting back together fox interiors. lol I'm not sure exactly why but I decided I wanted a minty factory interior, even if it's smoke grey.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

yeah something about a clean stock interior... I'm finding that grey shows a lot of misalignment for the plastic pieces though... But the quality of the stock interior is lacking, I trimmed a lot of hanging plastic (mold marks), like we do with scale model cars LOL...

i've had every color interior in a fox and both the all black and the gray are my favorites. It all depends on the paint color as to which looks better. Lighter color cars tend to look better with the gray IMO.