Finally won something worthwhile...

This weekend I went to a gathering @ our main tire distributor. Not far from the house. Took the wife and daughter along. Really just wanted to show my face for the company and say hi. I do the tire odering for our store. I placed a large order while I was there to save the company some money, since it was a one day deal. Also they had Sticky Fingers cater and it was all free with a bunch of little odds and ends. For you that dont know Sticky Finders is a BBQ place.
Anyway to the point, I filled out a raffle ticket which was free, but left before the drawing. Well the top 2 prizes were a set of wheels. The 1st prize was a set of
24" wheels they had there. 2nd was a new set of wheels from 4-5 different manufactures up to 20", chrome, polished, or painted. As long as they were avail. FREE. Well I got the call this morning and I won a set of wheels. I have a bunch to choose from, and they range anywhere from 16"-20".... Not anything good for our cars in the 4 lug though. But hey the wife drives a 2001 Chrysler with 17"'s on it stock. I could pimp it out some, or we are about to get a 2002 Suburban to replace our 1996 Explorer as the 3rd vehicle and my rainy day driver :D , I could put a set of 20's on it:nice: :nice: By the way the Explorer will be going up for grabs, its a v-8 AWD.
Anyway just thought id'e share the news. I have never won anything bigger than a $10.00 scratch off. Maybe my luck is changing.
Other thougt is to sell the wheels and let someone else pic......:shrug: :nice: :D

• Sponsors (?)

personally, i'd pick the wheels i could sell for the most. Then i'd put the $ into a different set for the mustang. or other mods?

If I got my gf, sister, mother...any woman really...wheels for their car they'd be really excited for a week tops before it wore off. Its just how they are (i dont know about your wif)

She could care less, but the way I see it is, if I get them for the LHS thats cool because I may drive that more than the Suburban.
If I get them for the Burban then owell, they will make the truck look better. Once we get the Suburban hopefully the Explorer will be soon gone after, so it would make both the Burban and the LHS the 3rd rides??? I guess which ever she feels like driving.
Im fortunate to have a 3rd vehicle to keep the miles down on the Stang.....

Get a set of something blingy and eBay the mofos. Then use the cash as you see fit.

I won a set of wheels at a Mustang show one time. The hitch was that they were for a "classic" Mustang and I had no use for them. I took them anyway and sold the $500 set of wheels to a friend that wanted them for $350. He got a deal, I got some major cash and everyone was happy.

It would be cool if they would just give u a nominal $ amount instead of making you take the wheels, would save them and make you happy too.

You would simply NOT BELIEVE the markup on aftermarket rims. The company wont be losing money because they will make up the difference on the tires and break even.....ask me how I know!!! never the less- a good bargain to be had if you play your cards right!!!

There is a good mark up on wheels, but the mark up is getting less due to more places selling them now. Heck you can rent them from Color-Time??????
We don't sell many here @ all. Im still deciding though. They called me this AM and asked if I made my mind up on which ones. I have time to decide though. We'll see, im kinda leaning toward the 20's on the Burban, but then I need to spend the money for the tires.