Finished headswap..one question, (a few pics)

98GreenGT

Founding Member
Aug 22, 2000
Miami, Fl
Hey i just finshed the PI headswap and was wonder where i should set the timing. Wanted to know were the other guys with headswaps had there timing adjusters at, I set it at 10 for now.
Any how i got a few pics.
Here is one of everything going in...

and here is how she looks from under after...

and the car..

Attachments

• Goinginclosesmaller.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 64
  • undercarsmaller.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 66
  • car.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 91
I just went with stock settings. I had it adjusted through the computer when I got the car dyno tuned after I got my VT Stage 2 cams. You don't need to get the car tuned after the headswap.

Congrats you will love your new found power!
You will see it is a night and day difference. You
really don't need a tune after the PI Headswap but,
it will help.To all non-pi guys I highly recommend the
PI Headswap or even a supercharger.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to run 93 oct. but i guess for now i will stay with the timing set at 10. I have not even gotten on the car so i don't know how much faster it is. I replaced the piston rings, crank and all bearings at the same time, so i have to brake it in for a few miles. I also put on some 3.55 compared to my 2.73 so im excited to punch the car but can yet......

Looks good, man taking the engine out of the car would have been SOOOOO much easier in retrospect. Anyway, I used the stock settings for timing and I am using 93 around town without any problems.

Yeah, i work at a dealership so i just did it all at work. It wasn't bad since i took the motor out. When i put it in i wasn't sure if i could get everything in together, so i put the engine and tranny in together and it took like 10 mins. So i pulled it out and threw on the headers and dropped everything in together, went in great.