Finished my front and rear suspension. Looks and handles great!!

montys69mach

Sep 11, 2004
I just got my car back as I got the complete front end done, as well as rear leafs and KYB's all around. I put 620 1" lowering springs up front and lowered the A-arm an inch. It was aligned to the specs that were suggested for the shelby drop. I put 4 leaf mid-eye springs that lower the car an inch in the rear as well. Right now the car is wearing the factory 14" Mach 1 wheels with 215/65/14s. It still has much less body roll than before and handles great. I can't wait to put a set of 17" torq thrust II's. With the shelby drop and the lowering springs in the front and rear what wheel and tire size should I use? I read dodgestangs chart and couldn't figure out what will work and look right. I was thinking of 17x8 with 4.5 BS up front and 17x9.5 w/ 5.5 BS in the rear. I guess 235/45/17 and 275/40 or 45?/17 in the rear. Please help me make the right wheel/tire combo for my car. I don't want to make a mistake and have tire rubbing issues.
BTW, the parts cost me almost a grand that included all front and rear components and inner/outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves, and some other misc parts. I had someone do the work for me and he said to R&R everything took 20 hrs. The total cost for labor came to $1640. That included detailing the undercarriage, and a few other services (fan belt, tranny pan gasket and some fine tuning). So everything total cost about $2600. Did I pay too much or is that a fair price to have all the suspension and some steering components done? Thanks for your advice and opinions

• Sponsors (?)

i'm not sure on the backspacing, but i think you can run more on the front pretty easily, and may have to if you use an 8" wheel up front, as far as trie size goes a 235/45-17 is going to look a little small on an 8" rim, i'd go with at least a 245/45 maybe even a 255/45. the 69's have a lot more room in the wheelwells so you can run wide as 295 if you choose. i think some 17" billet magnum 500's from wheel vintiques would look super sharp on your car as well. price wise i think that's probably a pretty good deal for front and rear supension including detailing, but personally i would have done it myself, it's not anywhere near as hard as most people think it is. by the way

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/images/newwheels/400/94---Billet-Magnum-500.jpg