First run on spray

cobra2798

Mar 30, 2005
Clermont, Florida
So I finally got to really test the car last night for the first time on the spray. Im just running a 75 shot right now until I upgrade my fuel pump. Anyway I lined up with my friends 96 Mystic Cobra. The car has intake, longtubes, midpipe, catback, U/D pulley's, 4.10's drag radials and the interior is totaly gutted except for the drivers seat. Last time at the track the car went 12.9@107mph. Since we have nowhere around here to go from a dig:nonono: we did some first gear rolls. we did 4 runs, each run from around 20mph till around 110mph. Every run had the same result, dead even, niether car could pull each other at all. I was very happy with the way my car performed and once I upgrade my fuel pump im gonna go with a 100 shot and say hello mid 12's.

• Sponsors (?)

I am planning a 75 shot for my current build. I also already have the fuel tank out and I was supposed to pick up a fuel pump today but I got caught up working on my engine. Should I go with a 190 or 255 lph??

I would expect a 75 shot to pull harder than that on a cammed bolt on 5.0, but then again I have never run a bottle before!

The car pulls very hard. It has more in it but the roads had a little mist on them from some earlier rain so I wasnt in it all the way, kept breaking the tires loose when I put my foot all the way in it. We are gonna try to line the cars up agian this weekend on dry roads and see what the outcome is. I know the car has mid 12's in it if I can drive it good so Im happy with the way its performing with the spray.