Flat Tappet Cam Owners come in

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
When i tell people im putting in a flat tappet cam all i hear is "Get used to adjusting the valves all the time" How true is this? Im running hydraulic lifters with the flat tappet cam, would I still have to "adjust the valves frequently" :shrug: BTW the cam is a Lunati Dur. is 230/230 Lift is .512/.512 and rpm range is 2,200-6,000 rpm and ill be using timing gears also.

• Sponsors (?)

nahh, that's bs, you don't have to adjust them anymore than with a roller, they might've thought you were planning to go with a mechanical flat tappet cam.

i've got a comp 270 magnum flat tappet hyd cam in my car (it's carbed) and i only have to adjust my valves whenever i take stuff apart. I know the cam you're talking about, the bracket master Lunati-great cam for carbs

my only concern is the cam lobe sep, if your trying to run less than 112* in an FI engine, then you might run into some idle issues without tuning...FI cars don't like ****ty vacuum signals, especially if your running speed density instead of mass air...

Hmm... Im doing a mass air conversion with 75mm maf, 24lb injectors, World Products heads, GT40 or Cobra intake with 65mm tb, and now that you mention the cam the motor i got it from (along with the heads, 1.6 rockers, cam, PJ timimg gears, lifters etc.) was carbed. So do u think i should keep this cam in it or just throw in a e303 cam i have laying around? Thanks for the info.