FMS "C" springs. Remove iso's in rear?

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
I have some C spings on the way for my 93 lx 5.0. I dont want to much of a rake look. I also do not want my coils cut. On my 03 cobra I removed the rear top isos when i installed eibach pro kit any had no issues with "clunking". What should i do? Remove rear top iso or both? Or should i just keep all the iso's in? Any of you guys got pics or suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I believe Iwashmycar has recently posted pics of his B or C springs, and how the aesthetic changed after removing part of the rear isolator. Might be worth checking out.

Good luck.

I have C springs in my 1988 LX and although they have been in there for years, I do remember measuring the ride height changing about 3/4" all around with no weird nose-down, ass-up rake. That would have freaked me out so thankfully I didn't have to deal with it. I have all of the OEM rubber isolaters in place.

I left the isolators in on my C springs and I'm glad I did, the slight rake they gave to the car helped clear the '99 Cobra wheels. If I took them out, it really looks like I'd have to roll the fenders.

Don't be put off by it, its not like a funny-car or something...the rake is VERY subtle.

I left the isolators in on my C springs and I'm glad I did, the slight rake they gave to the car helped clear the '99 Cobra wheels. If I took them out, it really looks like I'd have to roll the fenders.

Don't be put off by it, its not like a funny-car or something...the rake is VERY subtle.

cool. Ill probably just keep the slight rake if there even is one.

Removing the isolators is just a plain old bad idea. In fact, while you have the springs out, buy a complete set of energy suspension isolators and put them on.

I speak from experience, i tried it, rides like crap regardless of the spring.