for those of ya'll with 65-66's that arent scared of driving your car in the rain

• Sponsors (?)

brtnstrns said:
Do ya'll have any problems with the windshield wipers only having one speed? Or is it no big deal to you?

I don't generally have a problem with the wipers, I'm pretty tough to bug though. Only time it can be annoying is when there is a just barely tangible amount of rain falling but the wiper speed is way to fast for it (which can be annoying because anything more than that rarely falls in so cal...).

But yeah, for me the main thing I'm thinkgin about when driving in the rain is my poor, undefended iron/steel suspension components taht are are getting all wet :( .

Rain-X now has windshield washer fluid. I put some in my LHS and the wife's Windstar and it works pretty damn good. Not like applying it out of the bottle, but it's a whole heck of a lot easier.

I know it has alcohol in it, but I think there's more to it than that, I think the alcohol is just the solvent that evaporates once you have it on. If you just put alcohol on your windows, they wouldn't haze up like it does with Rain-X.

Sorry to chat it up in a tech post, but i was watching a show on the factory race cars from the 60's that ran low 11's (ford thunderjet or somehting???), the funny thing was they had no helmits and no seat belts.... They had some balls back in the day!

Penguin said:
64 Fairlane Thunderbolt :nice:

And we hope to have 30-40 originals at the 2004 FordFE.com Spring Nostalgia Nationals and 40th Thunderbolt Reunion this weekend in Oklahoma. We'll also have over a dozen Cammer powered cars and 30+ cars in each class of Nostalgia Super Stock and Nostalgia Muscle Car that will be running at TVRP.

Check out www.fenationals.com for details and results to come.

Fomocohipo said:
Sorry to chat it up in a tech post, but i was watching a show on the factory race cars from the 60's that ran low 11's (ford thunderjet or somehting???), the funny thing was they had no helmits and no seat belts.... They had some balls back in the day!

Balls nothing! You're not driving fast enough if you can drive without a seatbelt holding you in your seat!