Fox 351w build progress thread

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
So I found a great deal. So for 1600$ this is what I get. It's going on a 351w that's getting put into the 90.

trick flow 351r intake
trick flow heads oringed(new)
trickflow roller rockers(new)
bbk shorty swap headers(new)
30lb injectors with mass air

• Sponsors (?)

Lol, so was this a good deal for 1600$? :p

001-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

I didn't take the rest of the rockers out because they are individually wrapped up.

This is going on a 351w with an undecided cam (probably something similar to TFS 2 cam), with a 70mm TB, those 30# injectors, and all the other typical bolt-ons, in a fox with 3.73's and a 5 speed.

I think it will move pretty good.

Well, I hardly ever come across deals this good. On the rare occasion that I do, I usually don't have the money. I kick myself for passing up deals like that as rare as they are, and I had the money so I just had to get them.

Well today I took the valve covers and intake off the 351w I'm putting all that on. The engine is very clean. It supposedly only has 70k on it, and I believe it. I bought it from a friend that I trust so I don't think he would lie to me. I also took off all the crap I'm not going to use, so basically its just a shortblock right now. Me and a friend just degreased it and cleaned it up. When I get something to scuff it up with I'll paint it with Cast Coat Iron paint, even though the original Ford Grey was kinda cool. I think Cast Coat Iron will look great in contrast with the top end that's going on it.

Sweet! we need pics! i just bought everything except an intake and cam (cause i dont know what i want yet) tonight from summit! i bought the new AFR 185 with 58 cc chambers! this will go in my 93 SSP coupe! it's a 74 block 40 over! peace

john:p

Today we finished cleaning the block, painted it, put on the oil pan, and set the heads and intake on it to see what it will look like. Here are some pics.

002-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

The valve covers aren't on yet because I'm using the one's from off the 302 that the 351w is replacing. They are finned polished "MUSTANG powered by ford " covers.

I picked up a little back up horsepower for the 351w, just in case.:banana:
Thinking about running it on my 04 GT until this motor is in the car.

0062.jpg

I'm still slowly collecting parts though. I'm taking my list of stuff that I still need with prices to Fun Ford Weekend with me, hopefully I can score good deals on a lot of this stuff.

Attachments

• 0062.jpg
    0062.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 113
Man, that is the steal of the century. I paid damn near $1400 for just my TFS heads! :(

Is the 351 cut for locwire gaskets, by chance? With the heads having the locwire grooves cut into them, the block needs them, too. It'll never seal the combustion chamber otherwise.

I think I'm also going to go ahead and buy a pair of these:

View attachment 299209

Dugan Racing Proudly offers our exclusive Inner fender apron covers. These molded Fiberglass panels are designed to cover and hide the unsightly swiss cheese holes and openings found on all 1973-93 mustangs. Will fit all 1979-93 models. Paint to match. an easy way to give your engine compartment a very clean look. a direct bolt-in, requires only minor dimpling on selected places on factory apron. Drill only holes necessary to mount YOUR PARTICULAR EQUIPTMENT. Easy rivit installation. Sold in Pairs.
$195.00 pair

I'd steer clear of covers. Even if you just grind the bay down to bare metal and use filler on the holes, you'd be much better off. The covers will allow water/condensation/gunk to build up underneath and you'll never know about rust, until it's too late.