Exhaust Fox 408w swap exhaust

Sk8trfred

Feb 27, 2007
MA
I know 3” exhaust is preferred but could I get away with a full BBK exhaust starting with the 1 3/4 LT to and X-pipe?

408w, AFR 205s, Super Vic, T56, 373, Max 6500 rpm, It’s going to be a street car with very little racing so I don’t need to squeeze out every last HP but at the same time I wouldn’t want to choke it out and defeat the purpose of having the 408.

• Sponsors (?)

sure, mandrel bent pipes, like you said your not try'n to squeeze out every HP, if you could go 3" would you?

It depends on the amount of work involved. With the BBK setup I COULD just be getting a bolt on system. I know the BBK LT has a 3" Collector but necks down at the flange. I could cut the flange out and down a custom 3" system from there but i hear it's hard to fit 3" over the axle. is it worth the work involved? that IDK. I've also read that the flange on the BBK can be opened up to 2 7/8 and still seal to the BBK mid pip which they list as 2.5 anyway. I'm trying to decide if doing the full custom will be worth the time for the amount of power added.

Last edited:
I had a set of 3" over the axle pipes that I contemplated putting on the exxon valdez a few years ago, I mocked them up when I had the rear axle out and they seem to fit good but I sold them for stupid money compared to what I paid for them, don't even remember what brand they where, I wanna say BBK but can't remember.

I had a set of 3" over the axle pipes that I contemplated putting on the exxon valdez a few years ago, I mocked them up when I had the rear axle out and they seem to fit good but I sold them for stupid money compared to what I paid for them, don't even remember what brand they where, I wanna say BBK but can't remember.

If they were BBK they must’ve been old because as far as I can tell, they only make 2.5s now

Yea, it's been a loooong time! At the time I was buying up parts for a couple cars and was getting lots of stiff from ebay.
actually sorry I sold them!
I guess I’ll go with the BBK full system and go from there, if I don’t like it I can always sell it to someone with a 5.0 and modify the collectors

Reactions: 1 user
Incase anyone wants to know about the Mac swap LTs. They pretty much make them so they won’t work with 90% of the community that would need a 3” exhaust.

Attachments

• B46F005A-C0F1-4ED4-B7FB-C765B6C8AF33.jpeg
    B46F005A-C0F1-4ED4-B7FB-C765B6C8AF33.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 163