Fox body mods- least favorite popular mod and guilty pleasure

• Sponsors (?)

Least favorite: 800 lb stereo... especially an ugly 24”x24”x24” cube in a hatchback. Also equally repulsive, a coupe with a spoiler... yechhh.

Guilty pleasure: replacing spare and jack with a can of fix a flat.

Least favorite: mods done incorrectly that later have to fix, like the half assed 3G alternator conversion :eek:

Guilty pleasure(s): the drone masters are growing on me, I still like Cobra R wheels, and.....this:
IMG-9049.jpg

Least favorites: Removing AIR and EGR components on a street Mustang. Dronemasters or Cherry Bombs on any street car, especially ones that go for tuning runs in the area between 11:30 PM and 2:30 AM any and most every night of the week.

Guilty pleasure - maybe I’ll let you know when I find where they park.:rolleyes:

Least fav. People who remove smog and cats,then complain about smelling gas. Guilty of enjoying driving my 93 lx to work Everyday for the past thirteen yearz.

Unfortunately a previous owner did so with my car....and I would love to have the car running cleaner/less stinky. If anyone can point me in the direction of the most efficient way to get cats and EGR components back on the car, I would be forever grateful.

Unfortunately a previous owner did so with my car....and I would love to have the car running cleaner/less stinky. If anyone can point me in the direction of the most efficient way to get cats and EGR components back on the car, I would be forever grateful.
Get a tune and it will cut down in stink.....I got rid of cats and the guy who did it put a Diablo Chip in my computer and that was it. Bama tune may be the same thing

Reactions: 1 user
Get a catted mid-pipe. The new ones don't need the air pump and flow well enough to not be restrictive.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
So I could add a catted mid pipe independently without having to add the rest of the EGR stuff in the engine bay?

Or even just one of those high flow cats without the air tube. Just need to know how far from the header it is supposed to be mounted for optimal operation. That’s what I hate about the air system... 20 lb of crap where a modern cat can work just as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Least Fav ... Cutting holes ( or slots) in GT rear bumper cover to install LX tailpipes. These people should be drawn, quartered and shot !!!

Guilty Pleasure ... Stock GT rear spoiler with Cobra conversion parts. I think the GT spoiler fits the lines of the hatch and body better than the Cobra spoiler (though the Cobra is nice).

Reactions: 3 users
I hate to use one that someone else brought up, but now that @KRUISR mentioned it..... I hated those GT rear skirts cut out way back when these cars were new. Never saw one that looked right. Especially when they started to melt or get the black residue around them!!

Guilty pleasure - I love the 2 chamber Flowmaster sound with no cats! Sorry, not sorry...... I like it!

Reactions: 1 user