Least favorite II mod and guilty pleasure II mod...

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Full disclosure: I blatantly stole this idea from @91TwighlightGT .

Post the mod you least like seeing on a II, that was popular at one time or another, as well as the one you love that others may frown upon.

Examples from the fox guys here:

Least favorite: cheap, under-the dash add-on gauges. I'm just as guilty of it, but I don't like it.

Guilty pleasure: big hoods/scoops and/or air cleaners through the hoods.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I saw that post earlier and haven't replied to it yet, but I most likely will shortly.

As far as II mods I don't like, the only thing I can think of is when people cut their dash up to install a single DIN stereo.

And I can't really think of a guilty pleasure mod off the top of my head. Dual exhaust to make it sound good? Which brings me to a car a friend contemplated buying way back when. It had a 2.8 4 speed with dual exhaust. I think it either had turbo mufflers or glass packs, I don't remember now. But that little V6 sounded GOOD! Back when I though V6s sounded like crap, that one impressed me. :)

Least favorite:
Modern aluminum wheels with to big diameter with aspect ratio lower than 50. Interior mods that try to give a modern look inside, especially big speakers and seats (race seats are exceptable).
EFI on original engines.

Guilty pleasure:
Straight-trough exhaust system with nice pop-pop if you go from the gas pedal (I love the 65 shelby style side exhaust glasspack exhaust on my 66 hardtop). Even if you annoy up many people with the loud exhaust. And most important a nice idle sound.

You drive an old car: keep it old school!
Sound has to come from the exhaust not from the speakers (as the fake interior engine sound modern cars have).

Beside that, the pre owner of my car cut up the dash for single DIN radio, but I will use the hole for cheap add on gauges :cool:
If the car will get radio, it will be hidden and run by my mobile phone...

I'm trying to decide. Mustang II's kinda had it all. You can have a sleeper or you can have all the gaudiness of full stripes and snakes...
I haven't thought of mod I don't like yet.

Guilty pleasure. Exhaust cut-outs.

Guilty Pleasure;

I turned on to the main road with the green light in my favor and clicked the cut out on and let her rip yesterday evening for a couple hundred yards.
Power steering belt was just a squealing. Made me feel good.
Hey it was wide open road

Some one waiting at the stop light chased me down a couple of stop lights later and laughing scolded me through open window for having / using exhaust cut out.
We both were laughing pretty hard. Guilty!!
Said he could really see it. Time to flat black murder it out with a spray bomb.

Least favorite II mod

74stang2go, :rolleyes: ;)
No wait! your my favorite II mod. least favorite car mod is poorly executed / thought out body mods. You can get away with quite a bit but if its poorly done then yech! That and maybe a Fat chick for a seat cover, damn car is too small!

Reactions: 1 users
Least favorite mod- wheels and tires too big for a car that came with 13's. 15's max for me, I like to keep it old school. Also, cloning it to something it was not.
Guilty pleasure- keeping everthing old school looking but modern suspension, brakes, exhaust, engine internals and LED lighting.

least favourite , anything hokey like seats out of a camaro or toyota.
guilty pleasure, Old school rake...
I was going to put Mazda RX-8 seats in mine...

ca2093cb-1dc7-4b71-acb4-c1de812276c3-jpg.jpg

They're insanely comfortable, are built like and look like a race seat, and were less than $80 for the pair at the salvage yard... (This is a picture of some identical seats I found with a quick google search, not my actual seats/truck).

But I changed my mind, so they're apparently going into the Capri instead.

Original seats can be expensive... that is the downside.
For the Capri I like the original recaro seats (but they are realy expensive):
fordcapri4-L.jpg

What is affordable and looks okay are this seats (but you can't fold them):
a-Seats%2FClassic-RS%2FCobra-Classic-RS-Cord-front.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Seats that don't look out of place are not as bad. I have just seen some poor choices for non original seats out there... That being said, I am still a fan of original seats in a car for some reason.
It is more prevalent in bench seat cars for people to use a seat that doesn't fit..ie: 1972 Nova with sets out of a 1995 Chevy cavalier. Just makes me want to lose my lunch.

Also if I can add more least favourite it would be colored split loom in an engine compartment and fake stainless hose covers...:D:D

Specifically for the car?

Girlfriend mod is [always] a great addition. It likes the car, the image, the noise, the greasy dude under the hood making it all pull harder and everything... Why she might have your baby right here in the driveway.

Then: Gearheads being gearheads, we do the "wife mod" thinking we'll get even more HP. :nonono:

Not only can the wife mod not stand the car, the image, the noise, or the greasy dude under the hood making it all pull harder and everything... The wife mod hasn't polished a single knob in this vehicle since... :poo:... I dunno when. Oh, and if you need something to play with... ;);) You both can go inside and work on getting the "guilty pleasures" into bed. :neat:

Reactions: 2 users