Fox Fox build and projects 1993 gt

Look at where the lines attach to the PS pump, where the lines screw into the rack and if you don't see any leakage then only other spot it could be would be from one of the inner tierod ends. I've had a seal go under the boot before and let the fluid flow out to my driveway.

I checked all the lines, they are all dry. It's just seeping out from somewhere I cant see, it's all over the a arm underneath. And theres prob 25years of grease build up on the outer tierods and stuff. I wonder if replacing the whole rack and pinion would be for the best, I cleaned the boot, and squeezed it and can't find any thing.

• Sponsors (?)

I checked all the lines, they are all dry. It's just seeping out from somewhere I cant see, it's all over the a arm underneath. And theres prob 25years of grease build up on the outer tierods and stuff. I wonder if replacing the whole rack and pinion would be for the best, I cleaned the boot, and squeezed it and can't find any thing.

Only thing you do is clean the hell out of the area and keep and eye out for the source of the leak. I wouldn't go replacing the rack just yet, parts store racks is a crap shoot I've been through that game plenty. If your original rack is good leave it be

Clean it off as best you can, check where lines rub together and fittings at the pump and rack, dry it as best you can then dust it with flour or baking soda, work the steering a few times or drive it around the block a couple times, that should show a leak

Clean it off as best you can, check where lines rub together and fittings at the pump and rack, dry it as best you can then dust it with flour or baking soda, work the steering a few times or drive it around the block a couple times, that should show a leak
That's a good idea, ill do that when I can, I gotta degrease the area first Haha

so i got everything cleaned up on the power steering now i just need to wait for it to stop raining, side bar, i found a fiberglass hatch for 200bux, its in brand new condition my only question is, is there a kit to transfer over the glass from my stock hatch or is there a lexan kit online?

So little update, got the work done so far. Headers, h pipe, super 44's, plugs, as far as the power steering rack goes I found the leak. It was the steering shaft input seal! Which is why it was just leaking everywhere without being able to find it behind the shaft loop area where the knuckle is. I will not be doing that swap because my spine is fused and I have a hard time doing too much. Also another question, I have the exhaust buttoned up good but it sounds like theres an exhaust leak on the passenger side. Almost like a ticking. I can hear it when I rev it under the hood , could a bad egr cause a ticking noise? I've gone through and retorqued all the header bolts and bolts connecting the exhaust

I checked the gaskets, and the h pipe connections theres no leak there. I can clearly hear it top pass side rear of engine, I dont think it's the cross over the because I see no carbon , I'm just confused, I figured it might be the egr. I am having acceleration issues with the car now it seems to be bogged down a bit but if I go WOT it will hit a point and go balls out. If I am half throttle it seems to almost misfire/ backfire. Idk I checked the vacuum lines I dont know what it could be. Would the egr causs that issue?

If it was your EGR stuck open I would suspect you would get a check engine light. I personally would double check what I touched prior to this issue like the exhaust. Probably yank the header and verify the gasket is good and double check myself during reinstall to make sure it's going on right.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the old starter out and new starter in today and its such a different vehicle it cranks so much faster it's great, found out why the old starter went bad, the person I bought the car from must have installed one years ago and didnt tighten the bolts up they couldnt use the extensions to go through the k member to get to the top bolt , It wasn't tightened up at all , i took the bolt out by hand

Got the old starter out and new starter in today and its such a different vehicle it cranks so much faster it's great, found out why the old starter went bad, the person I bought the car from must have installed one years ago and didnt tighten the bolts up they couldnt use the extensions to go through the k member to get to the top bolt , It wasn't tightened up at all , i took the bolt out by hand

Thats always nice... On the flip side, all your bolts could be original and rusted into place like mine. I wouldnt mind a hand tight one here or there, so long as it didnt cause a problem like yours did. Anyway, glad you are up and running again.

So little update, got the work done so far. Headers, h pipe, super 44's, plugs, as far as the power steering rack goes I found the leak. It was the steering shaft input seal! Which is why it was just leaking everywhere without being able to find it behind the shaft loop area where the knuckle is. I will not be doing that swap because my spine is fused and I have a hard time doing too much. Also another question, I have the exhaust buttoned up good but it sounds like theres an exhaust leak on the passenger side. Almost like a ticking. I can hear it when I rev it under the hood , could a bad egr cause a ticking noise? I've gone through and retorqued all the header bolts and bolts connecting the exhaust

Just because everything is tight doesnt mean it cant leak. The pipes between header and H pipe could be mis aligned. Ive had that happen.

i had a mechanic do the power steering rack and pinion and he said it was leaking at the header near the rear he suggested doing copper gasket seal and a new gasket. i'll deal with the leak for now, i got other stuff i need to do, like shocks, quad shocks, sub frame connectors and what not. Here's a question someone might know the answer to, What would cause my car to have a very FLAT acceleration, almost like its "struggling" or just going up in RPM instead of hitting a power band on WOT acceleration? while i was under it , it looked like the fuel filter was old, would that cause a lack in fuel? or should i clean the MAF? just seems like gutless on WOT

Forgot to put pics

Attachments

• 20180625_152451.jpg
    20180625_152451.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 20180625_152513.jpg
    20180625_152513.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 20180619_161340.jpg
    20180619_161340.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 20180619_160835.jpg