Fox Mustang Books. Where can you purchase theses?

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Where can I purchase books for Fox Mustangs that have good detailed instructions on how to perform all sorts of different projects, repair and trouble shooting.
Which are the best books out there?
I'm lookin to change my rear axle seal and maybe do a gear swap this winter, but I need some detailed instructions.

Thanks

1993 GT Mustang / Ford Racing GT-40 Crate Motor B-303 Cam / 24 lb. Injectors / Stock Ignition / MSD EFI Blaster Coil / Edelbrock 5.0 Upper and Lower Intake with BBK Phelonic Spacer / Professional Products 70mm Throttle Body / C&L C.A.I. w/76mm MAF / Stock Air Box w/K&N Panel Filter / Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator / Electric Fan / BBK Underdrive Pulley's / A.C. Removed / BBK Short Headers / Flowmaster Exhaust / Tremec T-5Z / B&M Short Throw Shifter / Alum. Driveshaft / 3.73 Gears / Eaton H.D. Posi / Moser 31 Spline Axles/ Subframe Connectors / Line Lock / Driveshaft Loop / B&M Short Throw Shifter / BMR Upper and Lower Control Arms / Lakewood Adjustable Drag Shocks/ Holley 190 lph Fuel Pump /

• Sponsors (?)

Where can I purchase books for Fox Mustangs that have good detailed instructions on how to perform all sorts of different projects, repair and trouble shooting.
Which are the best books out there?
I'm lookin to change my rear axle seal and maybe do a gear swap this winter, but I need some detailed instructions.

Thanks
Take a look at Amazon. I ran a search using "fox body mustang". I guess the only issue will be just how much detail these "modify your Mustang" books give.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i...tang&rh=i:aps,k:fox body mustang,i:stripbooks

i havent taken a look at it in person but this book was written by the cheif editor of modified mustangs. i know he has alot of knowledge on these cars so im sure it is well writen with a lot of great info.

http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Perfo...1688059?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193245830&sr=1-8

i have that book, its decent, but the amount of projects is somewhat limited and its not extremely detailed, also it is directed towards a begginer, example "how to remove your air silencer..." for detailed pics and steps i would recomend "Building High Performance Fox Body Mustangs On A Budget" by george reid

i got that one off amazon.com, also if your into foxes, get Fox Body Recognition Guide, great read, production numbers, options, how to read vin tags, anything you want to know.

I highly reccomend getting the Ford factory service manual. The instructions are very detailed with great diagrams on how to do everything. It has saved me alot of time and money. You see them used on E-bay fairly regularly.

Al Kirschenbaum's book "The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook is excellent also. You can get it from Amazon.com or Borders.

I highly reccomend getting the Ford factory service manual. The instructions are very detailed with great diagrams on how to do everything. It has saved me alot of time and money. You see them used on E-bay fairly regularly.

Al Kirschenbaum's book "The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook is excellent also. You can get it from Amazon.com or Borders.
+1 to both of those books. :nice:

Expect to pay some $$ for the Ford Mustang Service Manual, but it's well worth it.