Foxbody junkyard direct replacement axles

• Sponsors (?)

Got the axle in. Looks like its another cobra axle or something. Lmao. What a joke. It "showed" 29 1/4 but he coulda made it look like that. I didnt look at flange, so thays my fault 100%. Ill get it situated this next try i think. Lol.

You can swap an entire sn/95 8.8 in. Direct replacement. Disc brakes and 5 lug rear in one shot. I have found those rear ends before for $100 at the scrap yard, you would just need 5 lug rims for the rear.

Chris
Hi guys new at forum maybe someone already answered this but I wanted to know If anyone has an idea if the 99 Selene rear axel will fit on my 92.

A 94-98 axle housing is the same length as the 92 housing, but the axles are each 0.75 longer. The 99-04 axle housing itself is 3 inches longer overall than the fox/SN95 one, and the axles are each 1.5 inches longer than fox axles. I would not use the 99-04 rear end in a fox because you will have tire fitment isues.

Chris

A 94-98 axle housing is the same length as the 92 housing, but the axles are each 0.75 longer. The 99-04 axle housing itself is 3 inches longer overall than the fox/SN95 one, and the axles are each 1.5 inches longer than fox axles. I would not use the 99-04 rear end in a fox because you will have tire fitment isues.

Chris
Thanks for the response, guy at the junkyard instead they It did fit you just saved me from throwing my $ will look for a 94-98 rear is the front same too?

It will physically "fit", as in you can bolt it in, it just is wider and will cause you potential tire fitment issues. If you are just looking to do a 5 lug swap you can use your existing rear end and swap in fox length 5 lug axles and then use 94-2004 rear brakes.

Chris

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user