Foxbody values

I’d watched it happen with 60’s and 70’s muscle cars that I’d bought and sold for under $1000 for years, and now you can’t touch any of those for under $20k. It blew my mind!

Huh. Foxes are going through the roof now. Weird. Who saw that coming??
$20K??? I had this car late in High School and when I started college in the fall of 73... It was a terrible every day car for school...
I decided to sell it and I could not give it away. Gas shortage, LONG lines for gas if they had any, gas had DOUBLED in price overnite, gas hog at 6MPG, supreme of course..LOL.... I finally got $700 for it and was so happy it was gone......
69 Super Bees w/ the A12 option now sell for around $100K.......
DSCF0169.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Anyone old enough to remember if this extreme bump in used car values happened when inflation was insane back in the late '70s-early '80s?
I do not remember a new car shortage to go with the inflation, nor do I remember a huge price jump in new or used cars.
The situation is probably more like WWII with a change to wartime production.

Reactions: 1 users
I was looking on the Jeep website, and they are mostly all ordered then built. Sixty thousand dollars for a new one, and these ladies are all exited n their builds. Thats probably six hundred a month for six years. Also a thousand down non refundable

Anyone old enough to remember if this extreme bump in used car values happened when inflation was insane back in the late '70s-early '80s?
All I remember is doom and gloom... Nothing was selling, in Oregon everyone had to move away as there were no jobs, or very few.. I was lucky.... At that time my EX and I were building a home.. I was really excited I found some money to build it for ONLY 12% interest.... NO building going on, I could not find any framers or concrete guys ( I was the general contractor).... The window company I was working for survived as we got into some government subsidized energy saving products to sell upgrading your home to " save energy"... MOST of my competitors closed.....

Last edited:
Most of us older guys have had it pretty good from the Reagan years on. I personally have never suffered, or been out of work my whole life. I even have three cars that I could sell off right now if I needed. I should sell this Jeep that I have been building. It came out nice, but seems like a money pit when I start daily driving it soon. Got about six grand into it and could sell it for ten. My Twenty four year old daughter came over last night crying about how she is going to make it. She says her pay is getting her nowhere, and wants to save. She asked for a few grand to put in her savings so she could feel better.

Reactions: 1 user
November 2020, I was fooling around on the chevy sight after watching the " Employee Price" deals commercials.. Yeah right, I thought, BS.. I went on line looking at trucks as I decided my Tacoma just wasnt going to be a good tow vehicle...
I spent a couple of weeks looking at available trucks in my area and researched the new 3 liter diesel ( I am the LAST person who would buy a diesel.)
The chevy dealer where the ONLY truck I found I would be interested in, called me.. (The miracle of Computers and tin foil hats) and made an appointment for me to come in.. $53 list, 10 grand off list, and gave me WAY more for the Tacoma than I would of ever thought on Dec 23rd... I got cold feet and went home, but told the guy I would come back on the 26th ( they were closed the 24th and 25th)...
I looked over the numbers, got preapproved on a loan at 1.9% and went back on the 26th..
I offered them $1800 less than their deal, pushed across the desk to them the Tacoma title, my pre approved loan form, and a check for the difference ( wanted to keep my payments low)...... Sure felt weird leaving my Tacoma there when I drove off.....
With whats going on I think I got a steal and FOR ONCE I timed it right....
I love the truck, but the best thing is the diesel with the 10 speed auto...
DSCF0803.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Every new car seems to be $60k these days. It’s rediculous.

A loaded Expedition or F150 is pushing $80k. This is unsustainable.
Yeah. I thought at some point I'd have enough money in the bank that I'd say F-it and buy a new car. I don't care how wealthy or old I become, I will never buy a new F150-like vehicle at that price, if corrected for inflation. I'd rather walk.