Foxbody values

It is crazy times. I paid more for this 1 owner 93 reef blue than my 03 cobra that I bought in 2010. When I think about it, it just doesn't seem right.

But all my other cars are modded for the most part. So keeping this one near stock is my priority.

• Sponsors (?)

I gotta get my e mail up and running. I would love to show off this Jeep I built in the last four months. I even painted it in the garage. Now I have two second cars. No top on the Jeep so my wife doesn't want to ride in it. So it just sits there unless Im going to the store. Hopefully we will head to the beach in a 99 Jeep Wrangler TJ this summer. I have five grand in, and could sell it for ten

It is crazy times. I paid more for this 1 owner 93 reef blue than my 03 cobra that I bought in 2010. When I think about it, it just doesn't seem right.

But all my other cars are modded for the most part. So keeping this one near stock is my priority.
Dude that car is nice, and at least you have a good color

Reactions: 1 user
Everything is expensive these day. Not just Fawksbodies

8C58ED6C-CA56-48BE-8874-468906FB6BA2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
Same.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common occurrence even with “normal” cars.

Local dealer has a rapid red Explorer ST (exact color/model I am interested in) on the lot for $15k dealer markup. :mad:
Yeah that sucks. My wife had ordered her 2020 explorer st. Our local dealership doesn't mark up.

I also ordered my 2021 f150 which I bought at the end of last July. No mark up.

I know dealership markup isn't anything new, but it is BS in my opinion. I remember when I was a salesman at our local Ford dealership. This was the time when the 05-06 Ford GT was hitting the lots. We didn't mark up those either.

I refuse to pay a markup. It’s bad enough the car depreciates what it does, but I’m not gonna tack on another $10-15k in the hole right off the bat. I’m also not going to buy brand new and not get what I want. Defeats the entire purpose of buying new.

I dunno how the dealers are where you guys are, but when I drove by them, they are pretty empty in terms of inventory. I’ve never seen so few cars on a new dealer lot. I’m talking easily less than 50% capacity on some lots.

I refuse to pay a markup. It’s bad enough the car depreciates what it does, but I’m not gonna tack on another $10-15k in the hole right off the bat. I’m also not going to buy brand new and not get what I want. Defeats the entire purpose of buying new.

I dunno how the dealers are where you guys are, but when I drove by them, they are pretty empty in terms of inventory. I’ve never seen so few cars on a new dealer lot. I’m talking easily less than 50% capacity on some lots.
I hear you. Our lots are pretty bare as well. I'm surprised my lease trade in was on the lot for a couple weeks.

It was a 18 f150 suprcab with 10k miles. I think they had it priced at 35k.

I would never buy a new car right now unless it was absolutely necessary. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 and the wife’s is a 2015 Wrangler. I spare no expense in modding them, as well as maintaining and caring for them because neither one of them are going anywhere anytime soon. God willing. I thought that of my 2013 Ram as well but a guy blew a red light and t boned me. That’s how I lost it and ended up with my 2018. Otherwise I would most definitely still have that truck.

I bought my LX in 2013 for $6250. It was bone stock 52k miles and not missing a single piece. Not perfect but really nice condition. It’s not stock anymore but that’s another story.

The dude who sold it to me thought he made out really good and was gloating by fanning the cash in hand in front of the car while his friend took his picture. I had the car appraised a week after getting it home and it came back at $9200. I thought the appraiser was high but I wasn’t going to complain. Obviously he knew better than me, even in 2013.

I texted the seller back and told him I had the car appraised and that I was really happy with the result. I did not tell him the amount but instead waited for him to ask. He never did…

Ford has a history of trying to rape over people on anything they feel is a hot vehicle, going back decaded... I remember back when the 5.0 roller motored Fox Bodies came out in 85 and then the aero nose ones in 87. the dealers were all charging over sticker. They were charging thousands over sticker for a Cobras in the 90's, Did the same thing with the Lightnings, 94 pace car Mustang, Terminator Cobra, and the first year Coyote Mustangs. Don't even get talk about the GT40's.

i used to buy all my new Ford's either D or X plan . Haven't bought a new one in 8 years as I can't see spending almost $50k on a Mustang. Call me cheap. Guess they don't allow Shelby's on those plans :)

Reactions: 3 users
My truck was bleeding me to death with maintenance and unexpected fixes. It was also due for new tires. Registration for trucks greater than a 1/2 ton are way more, and mine was up. Added all that up with the insane prices on the used market and I had to bite the bullet. IMHO, the used market won’t change for another 18 months to 2 years. If I could have waited that long, I would have held out. Buy a car you plan on keeping for awhile and it is what it is. The “smiles per mile” factor helps the wallet pain.
26606ACB-4D84-4ABC-93E3-3B87524AD9F8.jpeg

My truck was bleeding me to death with maintenance and unexpected fixes. It was also due for new tires. Registration for trucks greater than a 1/2 ton are way more, and mine was up. Added all that up with the insane prices on the used market and I had to bite the bullet. IMHO, the used market won’t change for another 18 months to 2 years. If I could have waited that long, I would have held out. Buy a car you plan on keeping for awhile and it is what it is. The “smiles per mile” factor helps the wallet pain.
26606ACB-4D84-4ABC-93E3-3B87524AD9F8.jpeg
Is that the new, smart security system from Germany?

Reactions: 1 users
I remember making a prediction here about 10 years ago that foxes would shoot up insanely in price in the coming years. Several of the old time members told me I was dumb and that It would never happen. I’d watched it happen with 60’s and 70’s muscle cars that I’d bought and sold for under $1000 for years, and now you can’t touch any of those for under $20k. It blew my mind! Supply and demand never changes. Just the items in demand. The difference was, I’m a little older than the fellas telling me I was wrong and I’d seen that cycle already.

Huh. Foxes are going through the roof now. Weird. Who saw that coming??

• Loved It!
I remember making a prediction here about 10 years ago that foxes would shoot up insanely in price in the coming years. Several of the old time members told me I was dumb and that It would never happen. I’d watched it happen with 60’s and 70’s muscle cars that I’d bought and sold for under $1000 for years, and now you can’t touch any of those for under $20k. It blew my mind! Supply and demand never changes. Just the items in demand. The difference was, I’m a little older than the fellas telling me I was wrong and I’d seen that cycle already.

Huh. Foxes are going through the roof now. Weird. Who saw that coming??
I saw a few low mile Cobra's just sell for over $100k. Insane man. Clapped out rollers are now the price of what I paid for most of ,my fox body cars 5=10 years ago. I am selling less and less of the parts I have accumulated over the years as they are also now getting in short supply and prices going up.

I get a kick out of people on Facebook telling others they are asking too much money for their car...

90% of the people probably aren't in the market for one, but they seem to know what everyones car is worth.