Foxbody Wing, have you seen this one? Info needed

Ruffio60

Feb 7, 2019
Bay Area
I’ve come across a spoiler probably for a hatchback and I’ve never seen it before. Owner states he bought it 20 years ago and had it on his 1990 GT Foxbody. Would like to know if anyone here has seen it before and might have info for reference or is it rare?

Attachments

• E951D586-2517-4949-AD98-85FD58CAF2C1.jpeg
    E951D586-2517-4949-AD98-85FD58CAF2C1.jpeg
    992.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 47C2101D-53EF-4DE9-A6D6-0899627186C0.jpeg
    47C2101D-53EF-4DE9-A6D6-0899627186C0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
  • 8673691E-D2BE-4B49-B236-A6C4277CDC96.jpeg
    8673691E-D2BE-4B49-B236-A6C4277CDC96.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • Sponsors (?)

Hard to tell from those pics...... but I do remember some guys replacing the GT wing back in the day with something much taller, that swung a little further to the rear. I gotta say that I hated it then, and probably would hate it more now....... but that’s just me.

Reactions: 1 user
That's what they called the supra wing back in the 90s. Usually, it was accompanied by one of those fast and furious body kits.

• Agree
  • Happy
Reactions: 1 users
I think around my way it was called an aero wing.
It's hideous. The proportions are all wrong. Makes the car look short and fat.

• Agree
I remember seeing that in the MM&FF mags back in the early 2000's. I think ABC exclusive made them? Could be another vendor as there were a few of them.

Aero wing, or turbo wing? I forget what they are called. I don't really think they are rare/desirable though as not a whole lot of people like them.

The only older, discontinued wing I see people actively looking for is the old Dugan Whale Tail. It was a slightly modified (and IMHO cleaner) version of the Saleen spoiler.

Yuck, it's called a turbo wing and no one ran those things
Unfortunately people DID run these things.
I had a friend with 15 inch twisted tri star American racing wheels, that wing and one of horrible cowl hoods with the two fake triangle vents in the front and the ribs on the side. He should have faced prison time for that setup.

I live in an area that was heavy in foxes back in the 90s. I've seen it all, mph body kit, gfx body kits, f40 wings and a host of other poor Guido 90s choices.

Unfortunately people DID run these things.
I had a friend with 15 inch twisted tri star American racing wheels, that wing and one of horrible cowl hoods with the two fake triangle vents in the front and the ribs on the side. He should have faced prison time for that setup.

I live in an area that was heavy in foxes back in the 90s. I've seen it all, mph body kit, gfx body kits, f40 wings and a host of other poor Guido 90s choices.
lol I know people ran it but not many and that hood you speak of I've seen plenty of people back in the day rocking them. They were called twin turbo hoods and they were terrible looking. Something that that iroc owners should have had.

Yeah your from NJ right? I am too i've spent allot of my childhood in or with these cars

lol I know people ran it but not many and that hood you speak of I've seen plenty of people back in the day rocking them. They were called twin turbo hoods and they were terrible looking. Something that that iroc owners should have had.

Yeah your from NJ right? I am too i've spent allot of my childhood in or with these cars
Yup that's the name, maybe i selectively forgot it.
Unfortunately the Jersey Shore show ruined (or maybe exposed? lol) the area we have always spent our time.

I'll put that hood and wing up there with cutting holes in the rear bumper of GT for the exhaust pipes.
Don't get me wrong, i made some bad decisions too. But they were relatively minor compared to those parts.

• Agree
I had one on a '79 hatch back in the mid '90's. The car was lowered and had 245-50-16's on it on 8 1/2" wheels front and rear along with a factory cowl hood on it. I spent a ton of money on that car on the suspension as my thing was handling. It also had the engine to back it all up with mid 7's on a carbed 5.0. Love to have the car back and yes, I'd leave the spoiler on it. IMHO if the car is stanced correctly it works quite well.

I had one on a '79 hatch back in the mid '90's. The car was lowered and had 245-50-16's on it on 8 1/2" wheels front and rear along with a factory cowl hood on it. I spent a ton of money on that car on the suspension as my thing was handling. It also had the engine to back it all up with mid 7's on a carbed 5.0. Love to have the car back and yes, I'd leave the spoiler on it. IMHO if the car is stanced correctly it works quite well.
I've always thought they looked like crap and didn't follow the lines of the foxbody at all but go for it. I've never seen one on a 79

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAG Free1420398185.717158.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAG Free1420398185.717158.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 236
That guy just loves massive stuff, giant wing, giant tach, ridiculous hood.
It's been a while since the seen that wing on a car. Still feel the same.

That’s how I remember the 90s with regards to fox body Mustangs. Everyone and their mother had one and all the guys who could afford to mod them did the huge wings, hoods and other trendy stuff of the day.

I was a broke HS/College kid at the time, so my car stayed stock. In hindsight, I’m glad

SVO was a dual spoiler set up. The lower was essentially the same as all rear spoilers. The upper was an added piece.
IMG_7081-1024x684.jpg

Ford-Mustang-SVO-rear-upper-and-lower-wing.jpg
Thats very similar to the rear spoiler on a Merkur XR4ti... I know at speeds of 50 + on some long curvy roads to eastern oregon, I could feel it working on the curves... Pushed the rear down...