Front License Plate Bracket?

firestang70

Jun 19, 2005
Sardinia OH
OK folks don't beat on me too much. I searched and could not find an answer on here yet. I opted to skip drilling the front bumper for the front license plate. I had heard discussion about some plate holders out there that would not need to be drilled. Looking for functional yet doesn't ruin the bumper. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

firestang70 said:
OK folks don't beat on me too much. I searched and could not find an answer on here yet. I opted to skip drilling the front bumper for the front license plate. I had heard discussion about some plate holders out there that would not need to be drilled. Looking for functional yet doesn't ruin the bumper. Thanks!
If you look REAL close at the front bumper you should see 2 indents(small) where the plate frame should go. I had to have a body shop show me. They punch right out. They also put my frames and plates on for me.:hail2: :flag:

3M Double sided foam tape.

I had it on my Focus for 2 years. Once that stuff sticks, no worry about it coming off.

When I took it off after two years I bent the crap out of my license plate, but the bumper cleaned up perfect. Never knew it had a front plate on.

Funny story how my salesman set me up. Went to pick mine up 3/2, told them twice not to touch the front bumper. I pull in and there is a front dealer plate on it. My friend dropping me off, just starts to sink in the seat. They think that I'm gonna kill(I just might). I go in and see the saleman and asked why in the world there is a front plate on the car. He tells me that he told them twice not to touch it. He asked me if I was sure that it was mine. I point outside and said it was the only VB car out there. As I point I see the plate is now missing. Another saleman walks in with it in his hand and hands it too me. There are now people walking out of every hole chuckling. The service guys had put bolts in the dealer plate and trimmed them so the were just sticking thru and then put double sided tape on it and placed on the car. the salesman who I know tells me he couldn't resist. I laughed cause they had gotten me good. My only reply was that I would have the last laugh because the check I gave them was gonna bounce like a ball!