fuel cells on 65-66 - post up pics if you got em

mustbereel said:
Pics sent, here's one for everyone subscribing, and avatar changed.
fuelcellrear.jpg

That Heidt's IRS looks sweet! :nice:

Attachments

• fuelcellrear.jpg
    fuelcellrear.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

exhaust

SoCalCruising said:
mustbereel: then you have found a route for your exhaust piping over/around the IRS?

Socal,

I reworked the TCP subframe x-brace substantially to fit the X-Pipe. I have the exhaust tacked up as far as the back of the subframes. The piece of flexible duct in the picture is to help me visualize the path the exhaust need to follow throught the various struts. There are about 3 compound curves to negotiate but I think I can do it. I'll probably have no more than 1/2" clearance anywhere. I'll post some pics when done.

mustbereel said:
I reworked the TCP subframe x-brace substantially to fit the X-Pipe.

I had some problems there as well with the TKO. We used the DrGas flattened x pipe and wedged it in there between the tranny and the front cross brace of the x pipe. It's super snug in there but it does not hit!

exhaust

mdjay said:
Thank you!

I would imagine the exhaust run would possible right under the center section or just run it out the sides...

The center section is a little too low, although that was my first idea too. The Cobra IRS has little "humps" under it to allow the exhaust to go under it with more ground clearance. I considered side exhaust but between the subframe connectors and forward IRS struts there really isn't room for mufflers (maybe glasspacks but... no).

I just ordered some flattened mandrel bent u bends to run under the subs. I just put the tcp rear coilover in and have to re-do my exhaust for the 3rd time lol. Funny enough, my calculations will have these higher than both my bellhousing and my watts link!

mdjay said:
I just ordered some flattened mandrel bent u bends to run under the subs. I just put the tcp rear coilover in and have to re-do my exhaust for the 3rd time lol. Funny enough, my calculations will have these higher than both my bellhousing and my watts link!

In retrospect it's possible that some oval or flattened tubing would have made life easier.