Fuel injector size?

rx7-5.0

May 20, 2009
got an 88 rx7 wit mustang 5.0 in it. Has trick flow heads, intake, has mild cam, 75mm mass air flow meter, 65 mm throttle body etc..........but only has 19lb injectors. it seems that sometimes it will kinda fall on its face when you get on it. Im definetely thinkin i need bigger injectors (already got a 255 walbro fuel pump). So my question is what size injectors I need. 24lb or 30lb? and would I have to get a different mass air meter? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

:welcome: to :SNSign:

30's would give you a little bit more of a safety net, but FRPP doesn't sell them anymore, so you may be stuck looking in the used market if you're unable to find unsold stock somewhere. Depending on the manufacturer of your MAF, you could likely send it back to be recalibrated. Otherwise, a tune could easily make up for the difference in calibration between the MAF and injectors.

well i can get some good used 30s and a speed brain computer that can calibrate it for 250......good deal?

That's definitely a good deal in my book.

Wow, Speedbrain? Haven't seen one of those around since about 2001ish. It was a good concept, but it never caught on back then. I do believe it was the first stand-alone from the aftermarket, save for the EPEC from Ford. The AEM is pretty much the equivalent, nowadays.