Fuel Fuel Pump upgrade on mild 5.0L

breth3

Aug 6, 2020
Detroit
Hey guys,

I need to replace the rusty fuel lines on my 1990 5.0L notch. SVE makes a decent fuel line/system upgrade kit. The kit has 3/8" delivery lines and stock return lines and it comes with a 340 LPH Aeromotive fuel pump which supports gas/E85. I have a BBK adjustable fuel pump regulator on the rails.

My question is if I upgrade my car with this kit is the 340 lph pump too big? I plan on building a 408w in the future and that will be swapped in. For the time being though, is a 340 lph ok on a mild 5.0L?

• Sponsors(?)

Dan02gt

10 Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Greenville, NC
I wouldn’t get that kit. The stock 1/4” return line it really not large enough for a 340 lph pump. Pro M makes a upgraded fuel pump hanger that allows the use of a 3/8” return line for dealing with all the fuel that large of a pump returns. Check it out here:

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Decipha

Aug 22, 2007
New Orleans, LA
www.efidynotuning.com
genera rule of thumb is your return should be the same size as your feed if they are the same length

all the fuel systems i do i mount the regulator next to the tank so the return line is very short. But that requires an aftermarket regulator.