How difficult is to swap from carbureted to a fuel injection system. Car I’m looking at has a carb. Is it worth switching? Or just leave it alone? Thanks
Damn that’s a lot of work. Think I’m gonna walk. Appreciate ityou need to convert over the fuel system, wiring for the fuel injection, intake manifold, throttle body, maf, injectors, etc. You can either buy a part out car and swap everything over or a stand alone system. Not cheap or easy either way
89you need to convert over the fuel system, wiring for the fuel injection, intake manifold, throttle body, maf, injectors, etc. You can either buy a part out car and swap everything over or a stand alone system. Not cheap or easy either way
1988. Have no idea how much wiring is left. I think I am gonna walk. Too much to convert back overWhat year and how much of the wiring is left?
Honestly, I would close the hood and walk away, more often than not it's hiding more problems. JMO
Now wait a minute, just because I state my opinion don't mean you shouldn't at least go look at it. There are some carb swaps out there I'm sure are well done. The overall car and the ability to fiddle with it are a price consideration, I mean it is kinda like backwards modifications. I don't know your abilities.
I have a friend that shows a 56 brand x and it's an occasional driver for maybe 10 years and only recently had a minor issue with leaking a little gas, a quick bowl gasket and he was riding. So they can be very dependa