Fuel system

you need to convert over the fuel system, wiring for the fuel injection, intake manifold, throttle body, maf, injectors, etc. You can either buy a part out car and swap everything over or a stand alone system. Not cheap or easy either way
 
you need to convert over the fuel system, wiring for the fuel injection, intake manifold, throttle body, maf, injectors, etc. You can either buy a part out car and swap everything over or a stand alone system. Not cheap or easy either way
89
What year and how much of the wiring is left?
Honestly, I would close the hood and walk away, more often than not it's hiding more problems. JMO
1988. Have no idea how much wiring is left. I think I am gonna walk. Too much to convert back over
 
Now wait a minute, just because I state my opinion don't mean you shouldn't at least go look at it. There are some carb swaps out there I'm sure are well done. The overall car and the ability to fiddle with it are a price consideration, I mean it is kinda like backwards modifications. I don't know your abilities.
I have a friend that shows a 56 brand x and it's an occasional driver for maybe 10 years and only recently had a minor issue with leaking a little gas, a quick bowl gasket and he was riding. So they can be very dependable.
 
I was planning tong
Now wait a minute, just because I state my opinion don't mean you shouldn't at least go look at it. There are some carb swaps out there I'm sure are well done. The overall car and the ability to fiddle with it are a price consideration, I mean it is kinda like backwards modifications. I don't know your abilities.
I have a friend that shows a 56 brand x and it's an occasional driver for maybe 10 years and only recently had a minor issue with leaking a little gas, a quick bowl gasket and he was riding. So they can be very dependa
 
  • Like
Reactions: General karthief
The most important thing to check is hidden rust....in the strut towers where they meet the frame. There's a seem there that's a rust magnet but can be fixed. Have to remove the engine and cut it all out.

A carb swapped car isn't the worse thing. When you add it to deleted power steering and AC it starts to add up. If its a race car it may be worth the money if it's done right. It isn't that complicated to swap back to EFI. You'll need a list of stuff and it depends on what is done to the current engine. If it's set up for racing then it may need a different cam...an aftermarket intake, throttle body, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, upgraded fuel lines, upgraded fuel rails, fuel pressure regulator, EFI harness for a 1988 or 89 v8 mustang, computer, o2 sensor harness, o2 sensors, and a few other bits and pieces. If its a race car it may have too much gear for the street. 410 gears don't like the highway much so you may have to change them out. If its an auto you may need a different torque converter to get it comfortable on the street.

Take some pics and post them here. We'll tell you if it's worth 10k or not.
 
Yes, look for rust in strut towers and engine bay, door hinge area, bottom of the doors, look underneath and check frame rails and floor pans for rust and holes. if it has a sunroof, the sunroof channels. hatch cars can get rust on the bottom of the hatch near the taillights. Is this car near where you are in Chicago?