Full MAC exhaust ?

TheDamned

"I am Canadian and Damned for it!"
Jul 22, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Hi guys !

In these very chilly times where the sadness is even bigger then the snow banks outside, i'm thinking of what mods I should get for next spring wich seems so far away :(

Anyone has a FULL (MAC headers, O\R H-pipe and cat-back) MAC exhaust ? How do you like it ? Is it too loud ? How's the rumble ? I have stock headers and catback with MAC O\R H-pipe and it sounds pretty badass but I want an even deeper rumble and no damn exhaust popping ( poping is dued to an exhaust leak right ? ) .... And what's the best diamter (not rice chit) for the exhaust ? I want some badass tailpipes :flag:

Thanks alot guys!
And if you guys think of any other good sounding combos with a MAC O\R h-pipe tell me, I don't want a metallic sound ,I want a rumble in the low rpms and a scream in the high rpms :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

I know alot of people who run MAC exhaust, and IMHO, everything but the catback is :nice: I currently run a MAC off road Hpipe and it fit almost perfectly.

As far as diameter, 2.5 inch will cut it.

Here's what I would do...Get the LT's, off road H and then Flowmaster or Dynomax mufflers. Whatever mufflers you run, I think Dynomax has the best tailpipes.

I got a mac cat-back and a custom off road h-pipe with stock manifolds. i love it. i'd say its fairly loud. while idling it sounds like its cammed. has a nice lope.
Mac offers 2 1/2 and 3" systems with your choice of size tips (2 1/2 and 3 inch i think)

i think it sounds alot better then flowmasters. Mac has a nicer rumble

try looking at www.mustangexhaust.com if you go to the forum in the picture and video section there was a recent post of a video with 2 mustangs. one with flowmaster and the other with mac.

Only negative issue I have with MAC is that their HTS coating they boast is not worth boasting about. It doesn't last at all. If you get Mac headers, I would get them coated. I have had the MAC cat back since 98 and have loved it since. I recently switched out my MAC headers for coated BBKs and prefer the BBKs. Hope this helps.

me to

i got a complete mac exhaust but my motor is out rite now but when i get it in i will let u know i got 2.5 dia. and 3 inch tips which look great but i really want good sound :D