• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

FYI...wheel and tire fitment...

  • Thread starter Thread starter allcarfan
  • Start date Start date Dec 9, 2003

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
2,458
1
56
North Atlanta
Dec 9, 2003
#1
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #1
As some of you all read in a previous post, I bought a set of 17x8" bullet wheels for my 66 mustang. I bought them with 5.5" backspacing. I then ordered a 3/4" custom wheel adapter.

I KNOW that a 225/45/17 wheel/tire will fit in the front, but I was a little worried about the 245/45/17 nitto drag radials in the rear.

Well, I got my wheel spacers today and loosely bolted everything together. The nitto drag radials in the rear didnt rub the fender lips...and they are not rolled. The ONLY modification i have to my rear suspension are 1" lowering blocks. I have stock, worn out, 4 leaf leafsprings that I am replacing. The tires would probably rub cornering and going over a bumpy road...but I dont know.

I have to buy some new lugs because my old ones dont fit the new studs in the adapters. I will take pics and give some install tips tomorrow once i have all the parts!
Shane
 
C

customperforman

New Member
Sep 6, 2003
98
0
0
Raleigh, NC
Dec 9, 2003
#2
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #2
nitto drs of one size are smaller than regular tires of the same size from different brands. or this is what ive heard from others.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
744
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Best tire size for 91 Fox 18x9 wheels. On coilovers
  • hassler
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
505
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
KRUISR
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
373
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
174
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?