Garage workshop setup

• Sponsors (?)

I built a new base for my bench. It is 4 sections of 1x4 pine, so it is very light and inexpensive. I designed it so it could easily be taken apart and moved or transported and then be put back together quickly. It is also the same height as the table saw and carts, so I can extend larger pieces to them as necessary.

It is only 2x4 feet, but that is all I have room for right now in the garage. I can upgrade it as space allows.

I also moved it and the other woodworking machines near the door so I can open the garage and blow the sawdust out.

bench-done1.jpg

It has rabbet style joints, and the sides and ends are each one piece (glued together). It is held together by 1/4-20 bolts and wing nuts. I was surprised by how sturdy it is and the fact that is does not sway at all.

Total cost: $25 - $15 for the support, and $10 for the 2 pieces of 1/2" sande ply.

bench-done2.jpg

Man the day I even have work shop at my house is going to be one of the best days of my life. (Kids and wife first lol) It gets old working outside, my neighborhood is not the best and I hate having tools and new toys outside were everyone can see.

kris